StrataFrame Forum

Only Int primary keys are imported.

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic13416.aspx

By George Nentidis - 1/13/2008

Hi there,

I have already mentioned a bug (that you recorded) in another discussion: When importing a DB to the DDT, all uniqueidentifier primary keys are converted to Int.

I would like to add on this that ALL primary keys that are not integers, are actually imported as integers. This really messes up the primary key and foreigh key definitions. I have to make a lot of job mannualy to update all these until the package works. I hope you solve this quick.

Also, does DDT import user-defined data types? I have the impression that when the DDT package tries to create stored procedures with user-defined data types, failes because the data types are not there, propably because they are not created.

Thank you

By Trent L. Taylor - 1/14/2008

Also, does DDT import user-defined data types?

No.  The reason for this is that the DDT does not support for create user-defined data types.  And at present, we do not have plans to implement user-defined data types.  Ermm

By George Nentidis - 1/14/2008

Trent,

As of the primary keys not imported correctly, this happens only when the primary keys are of user-data types. When declared with SQL server native data types, then they are imported and deployed correctly.

So if you don't intend to support user-defined data types, you could ignore the bug.

By StrataFrame Team - 1/15/2008

Unfortunately, the DDT is not currently designed to support user-defined data types.