Only Int primary keys are imported.

Author
George Nentidis
StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there,

I have already mentioned a bug (that you recorded) in another discussion: When importing a DB to the DDT, all uniqueidentifier primary keys are converted to Int.

I would like to add on this that ALL primary keys that are not integers, are actually imported as integers. This really messes up the primary key and foreigh key definitions. I have to make a lot of job mannualy to update all these until the package works. I hope you solve this quick.

Also, does DDT import user-defined data types? I have the impression that when the DDT package tries to create stored procedures with user-defined data types, failes because the data types are not there, propably because they are not created.

Thank you

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Also, does DDT import user-defined data types?

No.  The reason for this is that the DDT does not support for create user-defined data types.  And at present, we do not have plans to implement user-defined data types.  Ermm

George Nentidis
George Nentidis
StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Trent,

As of the primary keys not imported correctly, this happens only when the primary keys are of user-data types. When declared with SQL server native data types, then they are imported and deployed correctly.

So if you don't intend to support user-defined data types, you could ignore the bug.

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Unfortunately, the DDT is not currently designed to support user-defined data types.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...