StrataFrame Forum

How to modify Source for UI

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic20943.aspx

By Mike Rogers - 12/1/2008

I finally moved over to Visual Studio 2008.  I installed the StrataFrame 1.6.6 and Source code and the new devexpress 8.3. I then ran the Devexpress tool to update the StrataFrame Source code to 8.3.   I then ran the AfterBuild.bat.

Am I missing a step?   When I go and create an new project it is looking for DevExpress 7.3 when I check the references in the project.

Please help!!!!

By Ivan George Borges - 12/1/2008

After updating the DevEx references, build the SF project.
By Mike Rogers - 12/2/2008

I can compile and it works, but when I add a [SF DevExMaintenance Form] my project has extra reference's added

- DevExpress.Data.v7.3

- DevExpress.Utils.v7.3

- DevExpress.XtraBars.v7.3

- DevExpress.XtraEditors.v7.3

- DevExpress.XtraGrid.v7.3

I also still have my DevExpress V8.3 references.  If I delete the DevExpress V7.3 references and recompile everything is good.

What am I doing wrong. 

Please help

Mike

By Ivan George Borges - 12/2/2008

Have you checked if you didn't leave any v7.3 behind in the SF project?
By Mike Rogers - 12/2/2008

I created a test project, pointed the references to the new compiled version of strataframe dll's.   Compiled project will out erros.  Then selected add DevExpress Maintaince form.  this is where I get the DevExpress 7.3 references.  If I delete these references, and then compile, the maintaince form works.

I will give you some history on how I upgraded the StrataFrame Source code. I downloaded and installed StrataFame source.  I downloaded the DevExpress 8.3 Controls.  I then ran the DevExpress Project Converter on the \Program Files\MicroFour\StartaFarme Source directory.  I then re-compiled the source control, and then ran the StrataFrame batch.bat that created all of the dlls in the root of the source directory.  I copied all of the dll's to the \Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame\Assembly directory and the \Program Files\Common\Microfour\StrataFrame directory

I suspect the problem is in the StrataFrame Template for the DevExpress.  Was I suppose to copy everything from the source directory to the other two directories?

Thanks in advance

Mike Rogers

By Ivan George Borges - 12/2/2008

Hi Mike.

Well, I don't know how the DevEx Project Converter works, but I would search for v7.3 on the SF Inherited UI solution and see if I found something. Another thing that I would check would be to rebuild the toolbox and make sure the control your are using from it references the right version.

By Trent L. Taylor - 12/3/2008

All good suggestions.