How to modify Source for UI

Author
Mike Rogers
StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I finally moved over to Visual Studio 2008.  I installed the StrataFrame 1.6.6 and Source code and the new devexpress 8.3. I then ran the Devexpress tool to update the StrataFrame Source code to 8.3.   I then ran the AfterBuild.bat.

Am I missing a step?   When I go and create an new project it is looking for DevExpress 7.3 when I check the references in the project.

Please help!!!!

Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
After updating the DevEx references, build the SF project.
Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers
StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)
I can compile and it works, but when I add a [SF DevExMaintenance Form] my project has extra reference's added

- DevExpress.Data.v7.3

- DevExpress.Utils.v7.3

- DevExpress.XtraBars.v7.3

- DevExpress.XtraEditors.v7.3

- DevExpress.XtraGrid.v7.3

I also still have my DevExpress V8.3 references.  If I delete the DevExpress V7.3 references and recompile everything is good.

What am I doing wrong. 

Please help

Mike

Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Have you checked if you didn't leave any v7.3 behind in the SF project?
Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers
I created a test project, pointed the references to the new compiled version of strataframe dll's.   Compiled project will out erros.  Then selected add DevExpress Maintaince form.  this is where I get the DevExpress 7.3 references.  If I delete these references, and then compile, the maintaince form works.

I will give you some history on how I upgraded the StrataFrame Source code. I downloaded and installed StrataFame source.  I downloaded the DevExpress 8.3 Controls.  I then ran the DevExpress Project Converter on the \Program Files\MicroFour\StartaFarme Source directory.  I then re-compiled the source control, and then ran the StrataFrame batch.bat that created all of the dlls in the root of the source directory.  I copied all of the dll's to the \Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame\Assembly directory and the \Program Files\Common\Microfour\StrataFrame directory

I suspect the problem is in the StrataFrame Template for the DevExpress.  Was I suppose to copy everything from the source directory to the other two directories?

Thanks in advance

Mike Rogers

Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Hi Mike.

Well, I don't know how the DevEx Project Converter works, but I would search for v7.3 on the SF Inherited UI solution and see if I found something. Another thing that I would check would be to rebuild the toolbox and make sure the control your are using from it references the right version.

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
All good suggestions.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...