StrataFrame Forum

Power up the table rename feature to update default SP names

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic21707.aspx

By Edhy Rijo - 1/28/2009

Hi,

The default Store Procedure name for CRUD in DDT uses the Table Name as part of its name, when, when renaming a table it would be nice for DDT to ask if the SP names should also be renamed to reflect the new table name.

In my case, I have some fields which are standard in all tables, so I always used the "Copy Table" feature, and simply rename/delete the fields I don't need.
By Keith Chisarik - 6/25/2010

I would like to 'Bump' this enhancement request. I think it would add a lot of value to the DDT.
By Michel Levy - 6/25/2010

+1
By Edhy Rijo - 6/25/2010

Keith Chisarik (06/25/2010)
I would like to 'Bump' this enhancement request. I think it would add a lotof value to the DDT.

Well, I think we will need more than a 'Bump' for all enhancement requests BigGrin these are moving really, really, really sloooooow.
By Keith Chisarik - 6/25/2010

Edhy,

Even after renaming the CRUD sprocs in the DDT they are redeployed with the old name. This happens even if I manually deleted the SPROC on the SQL Server.

Have you seen this? a bug? I dont often rename tables but I have a project that was started 9 months ago and since then I have changed my naming convention so I have a ton to change.

I am not going to comment on the enhancements and developments timeline.

By Edhy Rijo - 6/25/2010

Keith Chisarik (06/25/2010)
Even after renaming the CRUD sprocs in the DDT they are redeployed with the old name. This happens even if I manually deleted the SPROC on the SQL Server.

Have you seen this?

Sorry I have not noticed that behavior. Basically what I do is the following:

1.- Delete the SP name

2.- Uncheck the checkbox

3.- Save table properties.

4.- Open table properties.

5.- Check the SP checkboxes and save.