Power up the table rename feature to update default SP names

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi,

The default Store Procedure name for CRUD in DDT uses the Table Name as part of its name, when, when renaming a table it would be nice for DDT to ask if the SP names should also be renamed to reflect the new table name.

In my case, I have some fields which are standard in all tables, so I always used the "Copy Table" feature, and simply rename/delete the fields I don't need.

Edhy Rijo

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
I would like to 'Bump' this enhancement request. I think it would add a lot of value to the DDT.

Keith Chisarik
Michel Levy
Michel Levy
StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)
+1
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Keith Chisarik (06/25/2010)
I would like to 'Bump' this enhancement request. I think it would add a lotof value to the DDT.

Well, I think we will need more than a 'Bump' for all enhancement requests BigGrin these are moving really, really, really sloooooow.

Edhy Rijo

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Edhy,

Even after renaming the CRUD sprocs in the DDT they are redeployed with the old name. This happens even if I manually deleted the SPROC on the SQL Server.

Have you seen this? a bug? I dont often rename tables but I have a project that was started 9 months ago and since then I have changed my naming convention so I have a ton to change.

I am not going to comment on the enhancements and developments timeline.

Keith Chisarik

Edhy Rijo
E
Keith Chisarik (06/25/2010)
Even after renaming the CRUD sprocs in the DDT they are redeployed with the old name. This happens even if I manually deleted the SPROC on the SQL Server.

Have you seen this?

Sorry I have not noticed that behavior. Basically what I do is the following:

1.- Delete the SP name

2.- Uncheck the checkbox

3.- Save table properties.

4.- Open table properties.

5.- Check the SP checkboxes and save.

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...