StrataFrame Forum

Data Deployment

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic23566.aspx

By dgsoft - 6/17/2009

Hi,

I have all problems with data deployment which described there http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost16721.aspx

All...

Ok.. if DbNull exception.. I can fix manually record by record change null to some value in my example data.. but I can't do nothing with TIMESTAMP exception..

Is there way or trick to exclude timestamp from the data deployment process?

I need to install example data on the customer side.. and can't do this..

Maybe exist another tool to deploy data to SQL Server.. (but there is keys and relations.. Sad( ) any help please...
By Trent L. Taylor - 6/18/2009

Well, it sounds like you already have data deployed, in which case you may have the need to ensure that you have a default value on your columns. If you attempt to deploy to a database (or table) that has existing data, and you are not allowing Null, then you will have to supply a default value.

Here is what I always tell most people when they run into deployment issues (as you still have to respect SQL Server rules). Does the error happen if you deploy to a new database? That is always the first thing to try so that you can begin to troubleshoot your issue.
By dgsoft - 6/18/2009

Hi Trent,

I am specially delete all tables in database and try to deploy data new... I have a same problem with INSERT timestamp

Denis
By Greg McGuffey - 6/18/2009

Try creating a brand new database during deployment (rather than deleting tables from an existing one). This is the cleanest approach to figuring the scope of an issue.
By dgsoft - 6/18/2009

Hi,

I delete database and create new.. then run program to deploy data.. and the same error on INSERT timestamp happens.. so.. it seems not a problem of new database.
By Trent L. Taylor - 6/19/2009

Well, at this point I will need to have your PKG file so that I can look at it and deploy it on my side. Troubleshooting like this is not going very quickly. I would like to see what you have as your structures which might help. Thanks.