Data Deployment

Author
dgsoft
StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi,

I have all problems with data deployment which described there http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost16721.aspx

All...

Ok.. if DbNull exception.. I can fix manually record by record change null to some value in my example data.. but I can't do nothing with TIMESTAMP exception..

Is there way or trick to exclude timestamp from the data deployment process?

I need to install example data on the customer side.. and can't do this..

Maybe exist another tool to deploy data to SQL Server.. (but there is keys and relations.. Sad( ) any help please...
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Well, it sounds like you already have data deployed, in which case you may have the need to ensure that you have a default value on your columns. If you attempt to deploy to a database (or table) that has existing data, and you are not allowing Null, then you will have to supply a default value.

Here is what I always tell most people when they run into deployment issues (as you still have to respect SQL Server rules). Does the error happen if you deploy to a new database? That is always the first thing to try so that you can begin to troubleshoot your issue.
dgsoft
dgsoft
StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)
Hi Trent,

I am specially delete all tables in database and try to deploy data new... I have a same problem with INSERT timestamp

Denis
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Try creating a brand new database during deployment (rather than deleting tables from an existing one). This is the cleanest approach to figuring the scope of an issue.
dgsoft
dgsoft
Hi,

I delete database and create new.. then run program to deploy data.. and the same error on INSERT timestamp happens.. so.. it seems not a problem of new database.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Well, at this point I will need to have your PKG file so that I can look at it and deploy it on my side. Troubleshooting like this is not going very quickly. I would like to see what you have as your structures which might help. Thanks.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...