StrataFrame Forum

Deployment Data

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic2584.aspx

By J. Storteboom - 8/31/2006

Hi,

While I was setting up a new database using DDT I thought it would be nice to deploy some initial data with it as well. When creating the new Data Deployment Package I ran into the limitation that the select for the data only works on a table with exactly the same schema. I only tried to fill one table with initial data. Would'nt it be nice to be able to select data from a whole different source all together and use this as initial data to package. I can imagine a big relations database while my new app uses only a subset as customers. So the initial data should come from some kind of (SQL or MDB)-CRM and be inserted in my new Customer-table.

Just an idea.

Greetings,  Johan

By Trent L. Taylor - 8/31/2006

The reason this limitation exists is because the data that is retrieved is automatically dumped into a table within the profile.  If those expected fields do not exist an error will occur.  Jsut FYI, you can pull the data from a different server and database, but the table and field definitions have to be the same...at least for now Smile  Thanks for the good ideas.