Deployment Data

Author
J. Storteboom
StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

While I was setting up a new database using DDT I thought it would be nice to deploy some initial data with it as well. When creating the new Data Deployment Package I ran into the limitation that the select for the data only works on a table with exactly the same schema. I only tried to fill one table with initial data. Would'nt it be nice to be able to select data from a whole different source all together and use this as initial data to package. I can imagine a big relations database while my new app uses only a subset as customers. So the initial data should come from some kind of (SQL or MDB)-CRM and be inserted in my new Customer-table.

Just an idea.

Greetings,  Johan

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
The reason this limitation exists is because the data that is retrieved is automatically dumped into a table within the profile.  If those expected fields do not exist an error will occur.  Jsut FYI, you can pull the data from a different server and database, but the table and field definitions have to be the same...at least for now Smile  Thanks for the good ideas. 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...