StrataFrame Forum

How do you watch forum posts?

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic26045.aspx

By Trent L. Taylor - 2/15/2010

I was just curious to see how most of you watch forum posts. As you may already know, you can subscribe to each forum so an email is sent to you anytime a post is added, commented on, etc. You can also use RSS. But I was just curious what RSS utilities you use or what. I am going to pass this information on so we can work on the next version of the forum. Thanks! Smile
By Edhy Rijo - 2/15/2010

Hi Trent,

I basically make it part of my daily routine to check the forums daily. I also subscribe to some messages to avoid getting a lot of email from the same source. I have not used RSS but would be interested in use it if it will make my life easier.Hehe
By Peter Jones - 2/15/2010

Hi Trent,

Same as Edhey - just part of the daily routine. Scan the posts, contribute if we have anything useful to say (wish that was more often actually), learn what we can and mark all as read. That's the our cycle.

Don't use RSS or e-mail.

Cheers, Peter
By Greg McGuffey - 2/15/2010

Ditto here. Just part of daily routine to check for posts. At least scan them all. This works at the current volume. If the volume gets huge though, I might like a RSS or some other sort of tool.
By Keith Chisarik - 2/15/2010

Scan daily unless it is a post I am waiting anxiously for a reply on, then I subscribe via email and pray. RSS never took for me for some reason....
By Edhy Rijo - 2/15/2010

Keith Chisarik (02/15/2010)
Scan daily unless it is a post I am waiting anxiously fora reply on, then I subscribe via email and pray.

Humm, I guess forgot the pray part BigGrin

You must not have been looking too close lately, Keith.  I posted on another thread and I was waiting to see if you would chime in....we are making some changes and starting to work through adding the data types you needed.  I buried it in another post, so I figured you just didn't see it Wink

That's great Trent thank you. I did miss it. I'm a slacker. Actually I couldn't find it and I just went looking for it, it is good to know they are coming. Maybe I will have to check out the RSS feed after all Smile

Sounds like some great stuff is on the horizon, greatly looking forward to it. I have already put the StrataListView and Collapsible container into a project within the last week, my client was impressed today when they saw it, really helped to clean up a cluttered interface easily.

Glad to hear it!  Yeah, I have just been working on the VS2010 add-ins for SF as the next update will support VS2010.  I am starting to get really excited about all of the next major updates for each of the SF tools.

The DDT will have some noticable additions in the next update.  But for those developers who just can't wait to run in the VS2010 IDE, we will be ready.

NOW THAT IS AWESOME!!!

From the little I played with it the 2010 IDE seems very stable.

By Russell Scott Brown - 2/15/2010

Pretty much the same as Edhy.

I use RSS for some other stuff but check SF forum multiple times daily anyway.

By Teddy Jensen - 2/15/2010

Like the others - just part of the daily routine to check the forums.

/Teddy

By Charles R Hankey - 2/16/2010

I find Obsessive Compulsive Disorder works well. BigGrin

I always have a browser open someplace and the forum is on the bookmarks toolbar so ...

Anything to distract from actually working ...
By Trent L. Taylor - 2/16/2010

Anything to distract from actually working ...

LOL....I know how that goes! BigGrin

By Larry Caylor - 2/16/2010

Like everyone else, checking the forums is part of my daily routine. They are usually the first things I look at in the morning. It's really much nicer than dealing with my e-mailSmile

Like everyone else, checking the forums is part of my daily routine. I usually look at them first thing in the morning. It's much more pleasant than dealing with my e-mailWink

Of course I'm not always awake first thing and make mistakes like double posting. I need some coffee.
By Trent L. Taylor - 2/16/2010

LOL...I live there, Larry BigGrin
By Jeff Pagley - 2/18/2010

Hi Trent,

I used Mozilla Thunderbird.

Jeff

By Keith Gordijn - 2/19/2010

I am the same as everyone, I generally the forum several times.

I do use RSS feed on my phone if I am away for a day or more and due to domestic problems can't take the laptop. BigGrin

Cheers, Keith
By Trent L. Taylor - 2/19/2010

I do use RSS feed on my phone if I am away for a day or more and due to domestic problems can't take the laptop

There is a fine balance I think that we all walk there! BigGrin Thankfully most of our wives don't know about the forum or this thread could get us in trouble! w00t
By Edhy Rijo - 2/19/2010

Trent L. Taylor (02/19/2010)
...Thankfully most of our wives don't know about the forum or this thread could get us in trouble! w00t

Well I don't know if it is a coincidence but my wife always ask me "What are you doing?" when I browsing the forums (which in my case could be at any time Hehe ).

My response is always the same "Working!!! BigGrin"

P.S.

I love being part of a framework community, I have learn so much just by browsing the forums, yes it takes time to catch up, and the messages may not be scattered in several threads, but worthy, at least in my case Tongue