How do you watch forum posts?

Author
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I was just curious to see how most of you watch forum posts. As you may already know, you can subscribe to each forum so an email is sent to you anytime a post is added, commented on, etc. You can also use RSS. But I was just curious what RSS utilities you use or what. I am going to pass this information on so we can work on the next version of the forum. Thanks! Smile
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Trent,

I basically make it part of my daily routine to check the forums daily. I also subscribe to some messages to avoid getting a lot of email from the same source. I have not used RSS but would be interested in use it if it will make my life easier.Hehe

Edhy Rijo

Peter Jones
Peter Jones
StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)StrataFrame User (450 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Trent,

Same as Edhey - just part of the daily routine. Scan the posts, contribute if we have anything useful to say (wish that was more often actually), learn what we can and mark all as read. That's the our cycle.

Don't use RSS or e-mail.

Cheers, Peter
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Ditto here. Just part of daily routine to check for posts. At least scan them all. This works at the current volume. If the volume gets huge though, I might like a RSS or some other sort of tool.
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Scan daily unless it is a post I am waiting anxiously for a reply on, then I subscribe via email and pray. RSS never took for me for some reason....

Keith Chisarik
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Keith Chisarik (02/15/2010)
Scan daily unless it is a post I am waiting anxiously fora reply on, then I subscribe via email and pray.

Humm, I guess forgot the pray part BigGrin

Edhy Rijo

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
You must not have been looking too close lately, Keith.  I posted on another thread and I was waiting to see if you would chime in....we are making some changes and starting to work through adding the data types you needed.  I buried it in another post, so I figured you just didn't see it Wink
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
That's great Trent thank you. I did miss it. I'm a slacker. Actually I couldn't find it and I just went looking for it, it is good to know they are coming. Maybe I will have to check out the RSS feed after all Smile

Sounds like some great stuff is on the horizon, greatly looking forward to it. I have already put the StrataListView and Collapsible container into a project within the last week, my client was impressed today when they saw it, really helped to clean up a cluttered interface easily.

Keith Chisarik

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Glad to hear it!  Yeah, I have just been working on the VS2010 add-ins for SF as the next update will support VS2010.  I am starting to get really excited about all of the next major updates for each of the SF tools.

The DDT will have some noticable additions in the next update.  But for those developers who just can't wait to run in the VS2010 IDE, we will be ready.

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
NOW THAT IS AWESOME!!!

From the little I played with it the 2010 IDE seems very stable.

Keith Chisarik

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...