StrataFrame Forum

Reporting

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic2691.aspx

By Keith Chisarik - 9/7/2006

Can the DDT in the future include the ability to document the metadata like Stonefield did? That is a feature I miss very much.

How do you guys go about documenting table structures, indexes, and the like. I am using screenshots since I started using .NET, which is obviously lacking in many ways.
By Steve L. Taylor - 9/8/2006

Hello Keith,

I am very familiar with the Stonefield documentation function.  Currently we have no plans for producing a similar report.  With the advent of programming on multiple screens we simply open the DDT and review the structure.  Additionally, since the properties are strong typed a programmer is not forced to rely on documentation in order to determine the field names.

Nevertheless, I have been following your posts on the forum and I can definitely see you are progressing.  Keep up the good work. Tongue

SLT

By Keith Chisarik - 9/8/2006

I have no choice but to get good at this stuff FAST, it must be karma because we are being swarmed with new project requests. I just got 2 more projects on my desk this week, one another handheld scanning app that I have to do both the handheld app and the "controller' application, the other is a large data driven website with a requirement for a complex security/display scheme. To put it short I am swamped and really appreciate your help keeping me moving forward.