Reporting

Author
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Can the DDT in the future include the ability to document the metadata like Stonefield did? That is a feature I miss very much.

How do you guys go about documenting table structures, indexes, and the like. I am using screenshots since I started using .NET, which is obviously lacking in many ways.

Keith Chisarik
Steve L. Taylor
Steve L. Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (48 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Hello Keith,

I am very familiar with the Stonefield documentation function.  Currently we have no plans for producing a similar report.  With the advent of programming on multiple screens we simply open the DDT and review the structure.  Additionally, since the properties are strong typed a programmer is not forced to rely on documentation in order to determine the field names.

Nevertheless, I have been following your posts on the forum and I can definitely see you are progressing.  Keep up the good work. Tongue

SLT

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I have no choice but to get good at this stuff FAST, it must be karma because we are being swarmed with new project requests. I just got 2 more projects on my desk this week, one another handheld scanning app that I have to do both the handheld app and the "controller' application, the other is a large data driven website with a requirement for a complex security/display scheme. To put it short I am swamped and really appreciate your help keeping me moving forward.

Keith Chisarik
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...