StrataFrame Forum

Sql Azure

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic28896.aspx

By Ger Cannoll - 11/2/2010

Sql Azure is getting a lot of prominence right now. Is Sql Azure supported in SF. I was at a meeting in Microsoft last night and the guys there seemed to suggest thet, even though Azure is a differrent product, it should just be a matter of changing a connection string. Would welcome feedback regarding StrataFrame and Azure..... not urgent but there seems to be a lot of hype about this right now .
By Ivan George Borges - 11/3/2010

Hi Gerard.

I haven't had any experience with Azure yet. I will forward you question to see if this has been tested so far.
By Michel Levy - 11/28/2010

Hi,

I've got a first experience with SQL Azure. BO run fine, either in Winform or Webform SF apps BigGrin . Only need to modify the connection string, and that's all!
Performances are impressive...
Developpers need to be aware of the differences in T-SQL (some unsupported commands), but it seems more easy to migrate from a 2008R2 to an Azure than it was to migrate from VFP6 to VFP9.

But DDT doesn't work on SQL Azure. An error raises on attempting to deploy a package, and when importing a database structure, tables structure are not retrieved. In MSDN docs, one can read that only a partial set of SMO are enabled by Azure.

Let's hope that SF team will be able to provide us a Azure compatible version of DDT
By Greg McGuffey - 11/29/2010

Thanks for the update Michel!  I'll make sure the SF development team reads this. BigGrin