Sql Azure

Author
Ger Cannoll
Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (576 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Sql Azure is getting a lot of prominence right now. Is Sql Azure supported in SF. I was at a meeting in Microsoft last night and the guys there seemed to suggest thet, even though Azure is a differrent product, it should just be a matter of changing a connection string. Would welcome feedback regarding StrataFrame and Azure..... not urgent but there seems to be a lot of hype about this right now .
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Gerard.

I haven't had any experience with Azure yet. I will forward you question to see if this has been tested so far.
Michel Levy
Michel Levy
StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi,

I've got a first experience with SQL Azure. BO run fine, either in Winform or Webform SF apps BigGrin . Only need to modify the connection string, and that's all!
Performances are impressive...
Developpers need to be aware of the differences in T-SQL (some unsupported commands), but it seems more easy to migrate from a 2008R2 to an Azure than it was to migrate from VFP6 to VFP9.

But DDT doesn't work on SQL Azure. An error raises on attempting to deploy a package, and when importing a database structure, tables structure are not retrieved. In MSDN docs, one can read that only a partial set of SMO are enabled by Azure.

Let's hope that SF team will be able to provide us a Azure compatible version of DDT
Attachments
ErreurAzure.jpg (130 views, 132.00 KB)
xxxxxxx_results4.log.txt (112 views, 3.00 KB)
Tags
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks for the update Michel!  I'll make sure the SF development team reads this. BigGrin
Tags
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...