StrataFrame Forum

Evaluation question + trial extension request

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic32603.aspx

By Ed Baldor - 5/26/2014

Hi,

First my question.  Can the BO be configured to update a numeric field by adding/subtracting a value from the current value in the database?  The motivation for this question is the following scenario:  If we have an inventory item that is being updated by 2 concurrent users both users and both have the current inventory level cached, the first user to update would not have any problem but the second would have a concurrency issue to deal with.  The concurrency issue can be completely eliminated if the update is done by adding/subtracting vs. setting the database value to a new value.

Secondly, I would like to get a new trial version issued for a new development machine that I just setup if that would be possible.  I had trouble activating my first trial version (which cut my trial shorter) and I also wrongly concluded that I should wait for SF 2.0 before jumping on board.  I can't wait for SF 2.0 so I would like to start converting my application to SF and if I don't find any major road blocks, will purchase the current version.  I am the only developer in our company, that is the only reason I was originally thinking to wait for SF 2.0, our development resources are limited and I don't know if SF 2.0 will present more work to transition and an additional learning curve for the new/updated features.

Ed