Evaluation question + trial extension request

Author
Ed Baldor
StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi,

First my question.  Can the BO be configured to update a numeric field by adding/subtracting a value from the current value in the database?  The motivation for this question is the following scenario:  If we have an inventory item that is being updated by 2 concurrent users both users and both have the current inventory level cached, the first user to update would not have any problem but the second would have a concurrency issue to deal with.  The concurrency issue can be completely eliminated if the update is done by adding/subtracting vs. setting the database value to a new value.

Secondly, I would like to get a new trial version issued for a new development machine that I just setup if that would be possible.  I had trouble activating my first trial version (which cut my trial shorter) and I also wrongly concluded that I should wait for SF 2.0 before jumping on board.  I can't wait for SF 2.0 so I would like to start converting my application to SF and if I don't find any major road blocks, will purchase the current version.  I am the only developer in our company, that is the only reason I was originally thinking to wait for SF 2.0, our development resources are limited and I don't know if SF 2.0 will present more work to transition and an additional learning curve for the new/updated features.

Ed
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...