StrataFrame Forum

Sharing a BO

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic32921.aspx

By Ian Johnston - 3/13/2015

I am trying to use two projects in a solution, I have set a reference from the main project to my reports project and added the BO as a link from main to reports. I can see the BO in the toolbox and add it to a form in reports. I cannot see my Fill() method to populate the BO. When I run the app and try to load the form I get the following messages :

Message "The class [WindowsApplication1.BusinessObjects.USDAgroupBO] must override the property 'TableName' since it derives from MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer." string

StackTrace "   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer.get_TableName()\r\n   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer.CreateInternalTable()\r\n   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer.get__CurrentDataTable(Boolean IsSharedTable)\r\n   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer.RefreshBoundControls()\r\n   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer.InitializeObject()\r\n   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.BaseForm.InitializeFormLoadObjects()\r\n   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.BaseForm.OnLoad(EventArgs e)\r\n   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()\r\n   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)\r\n   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()\r\n   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)\r\n   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)\r\n   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)\r\n   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)\r\n   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)\r\n   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)\r\n   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.OnMessage(Message& m)\r\n   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.WndProc(Message& m)\r\n   at System.Windows.Forms.Nativewindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)" string

This is my first time trying this any help would be appreciated.
By Ian Johnston - 3/16/2015

I believe this is part of the same problem, when I try to go into the DDT I get the following error:

SqlException
  Invalid object name 'dbo.DBEProfile'.

Source     : .Net SqlClient Data Provider

Stack Trace:

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable)

I have unistalled and reinstalled three times, I have gone into the registry and removed all references to MicrFour. The install is not putting the stratframe databases in the database and if I attach backups to the database I can query the 'dbo.DBEProfile' in the SQL management studio but when trying to open the DDT I get this message. I am using SQLExpress 2014.

I assume it is not looking at the correct SQL server instance name, where can I see where the DDT is trying to look?