StrataFrame Forum

Error in build after changing DevExpress references to 6.2.3

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic6328.aspx

By Peter Jones - 1/26/2007

Hi,

I've just bought SF and want to use it againt DevExpress V6.3.x. I opened the SF Inherited UI Solution and changed the four DevExpress references from 6.2.x to 6.3.x but, when I do the build, I get essentially the same error against each of the reference, e.g.

Description: Unable to resolve type 'DevExpress.XtraEditors.ComboBoxEdit, DevExpress.XtraEditors.v6.2, Version=6.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4'

File: C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\My Project\licenses.licx

Line: 1 

Project: MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI

What else do I need to do to rebuild against the latest version of DevExpress.

TIA - Peter

By Trent L. Taylor - 1/27/2007

Peter,

You were close Smile  There are actually 5 references.

DevExpress.Data
DevExpress.Utils
DevExpress.XtraBars
DevExpress.XtraEditors
DevExpress.XtraGrid

Next, you have to REBUILD the solution, not just build.  To make sure you can also do a clean.  Right-click on the solution, not the project, and then click rebuild solution.  The will force the license.licx file to update properly.

By Peter Jones - 1/27/2007

Hi Trent,

Actually I did change all five but I said four becuase I had just four errors - I thought each of of the changes generated an error but this isn't the case. I did a clean the a rebuild solution but that didn't change anything. I will list all four errors below - when I look closer at them it is complaining about individual sections of the reference, e.g. ComboBoxEdit, not the entire reference.

Cheers, Peter

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Error 1 Unable to resolve type 'DevExpress.XtraEditors.ComboBoxEdit, DevExpress.XtraEditors.v6.2, Version=6.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4' 

C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\My Project\licenses.licx

MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Error 2 Unable to resolve type 'DevExpress.XtraBars.BarManager, DevExpress.XtraBars.v6.2, Version=6.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4'

C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\My Project\licenses.licx

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Error 3 Unable to resolve type 'DevExpress.XtraGrid.GridControl, DevExpress.XtraGrid.v6.2, Version=6.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4'

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Error 4 Unable to resolve type 'DevExpress.XtraEditors.Repository.RepositoryItemComboBox, DevExpress.XtraEditors.v6.2, Version=6.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4'

By Trent L. Taylor - 1/27/2007

It is just like I said in the previous post, the licenses.licx file has to be rebuilt.  Just open up the license file and delete the contents.  When you rebuild it will add your license information back in.
By Peter Jones - 1/28/2007

Hi Trent,

Yes that worked fine. This is nit-picking I know because your support is prompt and considered but I'm afraid I didn't understand that "rebuilding" meant finding the licenses.licx and deleting its contents. No doubt you where assuming a level of knowledge on my part that I didn't posses.

Cheers, Peter

By Peter Jones - 1/28/2007

Hi Trent,

Oops, spoke to too soon the rebuild actually didn't work.

1) The licenses.licx remains empty after the rebuild.

2) The build gave the error:

The command "c:\AfterBuild.bat "C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\bin\Debug\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.dll" "C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\bin\Debug\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.xml"" exited with code 9009.

3) There is no "c:\AfterBuild.bat" but there is one in: "C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code" that contains:

"%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin\gacutil.exe" -i %1 -f
copy /Y %1 "%CommonProgramFiles%\MicroFour\StrataFrame"
copy /Y %2 "%CommonProgramFiles%\MicroFour\StrataFrame"

4) StrataFrame and DevExp are both installed in their default locations.

Cheers, Peter

By Trent L. Taylor - 1/29/2007

Place the below text in your licenses.licx file to support the DevExpress 6.3.2 build.

DevExpress.XtraEditors.ComboBoxEdit, DevExpress.XtraEditors.v6.3, Version=6.3.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4
DevExpress.XtraEditors.Repository.RepositoryItemComboBox, DevExpress.XtraEditors.v6.3, Version=6.3.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4
DevExpress.XtraBars.BarManager, DevExpress.XtraBars.v6.3, Version=6.3.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4
DevExpress.XtraEditors.Repository.RepositoryItemComboBox, DevExpress.XtraEditors.v6.3, Version=6.3.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4
DevExpress.XtraGrid.GridControl, DevExpress.XtraGrid.v6.3, Version=6.3.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4

By Peter Jones - 1/29/2007

Hi Trent,

No, that didn't work - the error remains and is unchanged. I suppose I'm changing the correct licenses.licx? The one I'm changing is in:

C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\My Project

Cheers, Peter

By Trent L. Taylor - 1/29/2007

I sent you a private message with the Inherited UI source code. 
By Peter Jones - 1/30/2007

Hi Trent,

I presume that zip needed to be extracted into: C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code

When I did this there were a number of 'error creating file' errors:, e.g. "Error creating file: C:\program files\microfour\stratafame source code\microfour strataframe inherited ui\collections and items\comboboxitem.vb", "..\ComboBoxItemCollection.vb" and so on.

I clicked ok past all of these and opened "..\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.sln" to rebuild and received various source control errors. I repeated the extract and opened the sln again and this time no source control errors. We don't use vss by the way - just the Team Foundation Server source control.

The build gave exactly the same error as before.

Cheers, Peter

By Trent L. Taylor - 1/30/2007

Peter,

It is really not a complicated process....it is just a matter of changing some references.  So there may be something else going on.  What version of DevExpress do you have installed?  Do you have more than one version of DevExpress installed?

"Error creating file: C:\program files\microfour\stratafame source code\microfour strataframe inherited ui\collections and items\comboboxitem.vb", "..\ComboBoxItemCollection.vb" and so on.

I need more detail to help you here.  What are the errors?

We don't use vss by the way - just the Team Foundation Server source control.

We only use Team Foundation Source also....the project I sent you is not how we normally distribute source.  I am just trying to get you going.  It will take a litte effort to send you the distributed source so it looks like we are going to work through the problem with the source code that you have.

Since you are in Australia you are a good bit ahead of us time wise, so it will be more difficult to do a screen sharing session.  However, if you will send me your errors I will try to help you get going.  I am sorry for your troubles on getting this compiled...I am sure that it is something simple that we have just not put our finger on yet.

By Peter Jones - 1/31/2007

What version of DevExpress do you have installed?  Do you have more than one version of DevExpress installed?]

We did have a trial version that was uninstalled before loading the production version. The version details from DevEx are as follows:

Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
Installed frameworks:
   v1.1.4322
   v2.0.50727
.NET Folders
  Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\AssemblyFolders\ADOMD.Client, C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\ADOMD.NET\90\
  Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\AssemblyFolders\ADOMD.Server, C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.3\OLAP\bin\
  Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\AssemblyFolders\AMO, C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\SDK\Assemblies\
  Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\AssemblyFolders\DTS Connection Managers, C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Connections\
  Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\AssemblyFolders\DTS ForEach Enumerators, C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\ForEachEnumerators
  Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\AssemblyFolders\DTS Pipeline Components, C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\PipelineComponents
  Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\AssemblyFolders\DTS Tasks, C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Tasks
  Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\AssemblyFolders\MicroFour StrataFrame, C:\Program Files\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame
  Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\AssemblyFolders\NotificationServices, C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\NotificationServices\9.0.242\Bin\
  Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\AssemblyFolders\SQL Server Assemblies, C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\SDK\Assemblies\
  Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\AssemblyFolders\SQLXML 4.0, C:\Program Files\SQLXML 4.0\bin\
  Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v2.0.50727\AssemblyFoldersEx\Crystal2004.NET, C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\2.7\Managed\
  Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v2.0.50727\AssemblyFoldersEx\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v2.0.50727\AssemblyFoldersEx\Primary Interop Assemblies, C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\Primary Interop Assemblies\
  Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v2.0.50727\AssemblyFoldersEx\Public Assemblies, C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\
  Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v2.0.50727\AssemblyFoldersEx\Public Assemblies (Common Files), C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSEnv\PublicAssemblies\
  Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v2.0.50727\AssemblyFoldersEx\ReportViewer, C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\ReportViewer\
  Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v2.0.50727\AssemblyFoldersEx\VSTO, C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VSTO\8.0\
  Name: , C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322
  Name: , C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727
DevExpress Assemblies
  DevExpress.BonusSkins.v6.3.dll          , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , 95fc6c5621878fa, GAC: False, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.Data.v6.3.Compact.dll        , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: False, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.Data.v6.3.dll                , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.Tutorials.v6.3.dll           , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.Utils.v6.3.dll               , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.Web.ASPxClasses.v6.3.dll     , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.Web.ASPxDataControls.v6.3.dll, 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.Web.ASPxGrid.v6.3.dll        , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.Web.ASPxMenu.v6.3.dll        , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.Web.ASPxNavBar.v6.3.dll      , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.Web.ASPxPivotGrid.v6.3.dll   , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.Web.ASPxPopupControl.v6.3.dll, 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.Web.ASPxSiteMapControl.v6.3.dll, 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.Web.ASPxTabControl.v6.3.dll  , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.Xpo.v6.3.Design.dll          , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.Xpo.v6.3.dll                 , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.Xpo.v6.3.Providers.dll       , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraBars.v6.3.Design.dll     , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraBars.v6.3.dll            , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraCharts.v6.3.Design.dll   , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraCharts.v6.3.dll          , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraCharts.v6.3.UI.dll       , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraEditors.v6.3.Design.dll  , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraEditors.v6.3.dll         , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraGrid.v6.3.Design.dll     , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraGrid.v6.3.dll            , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraLayout.v6.3.Design.dll   , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraLayout.v6.3.dll          , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraNavBar.v6.3.Design.dll   , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraNavBar.v6.3.dll          , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraPivotGrid.v6.3.Core.dll  , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraPivotGrid.v6.3.Design.dll, 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraPivotGrid.v6.3.dll       , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraPrinting.v6.3.Design.dll , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraPrinting.v6.3.dll        , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraReports.v6.3.Design.dll  , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraReports.v6.3.dll         , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraReports.v6.3.Import.dll  , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraRichTextEdit.v6.3.dll    , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraScheduler.v6.3.Design.dll, 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraScheduler.v6.3.dll       , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraScheduler.v6.3.OutlookExchange.dll, 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraScheduler.v6.3.VCalendarExchange.dll, 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraTreeList.v6.3.Design.dll , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraTreeList.v6.3.dll        , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraVerticalGrid.v6.3.Design.dll, 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\
  DevExpress.XtraVerticalGrid.v6.3.dll    , 6.3.2.0, Framework:v20       , DevExpressKEY, GAC: True, C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\

I need more detail to help you here.  What are the errors?]

Actually there isn't much more more to say other than to list every vb file that generates the error, i.e. the error is the same it is the file name that changes. Let me know if you need every file name and I will copy them down.

I've checked each vb file in: C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\DevExpress and I do notice that they are all flagged as readonly with a date/time of 19/10/2006 7:52AM which is the same as the zip file.

We only use Team Foundation Source also....the project I sent you is not how we normally distribute source.]

What I meant here is that we don't use Visual Source Safe but the Team Foundation Source Control. When I open the sln file I get the warning: The solution appears to be under source control, but its binding information cannot be found. Because it is not possible to recover this missing information automatically, the projects whose bindings are missing will be treated as not under source control. Another warning displays along the lines of: The associated source control plug-in is not installed or could not be initialized. There is an option to: Temporarily work uncontrolled. I take this option and carry on.

I assumed that not using vss would have been the source of the problem so I didn't go into too much detail in my previous post.

Anyway once the sln opens every reference has the yellow triange, explanation mark icon. Just by clicking on the icon it goes away. The Version Number of all the DevEx references is 6.3.2.0.

The Build messages are:

------ Rebuild All started: Project: MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\bin\LC.exe /target:"MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.dll" /complist:"My Project\licenses.licx" /outdir:obj\Debug\ /i:"C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\DevExpress.Data.v6.3.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\DevExpress.Utils.v6.3.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\DevExpress.XtraBars.v6.3.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\DevExpress.XtraEditors.v6.3.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\DevExpress.XtraGrid.v6.3.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame\MicroFour StrataFrame Base.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame\MicroFour StrataFrame Business.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame\MicroFour StrataFrame UI.dll" /i:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Data.dll /i:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Design.dll /i:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.dll /i:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Drawing.dll /i:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Windows.Forms.dll /i:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Xml.dll /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\SDK\Assemblies\Microsoft.SqlServer.RegSvrEnum.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\SDK\Assemblies\Microsoft.SqlServer.SqlEnum.dll" /i:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Web.dll /i:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Configuration.dll /i:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Management.dll /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\SDK\Assemblies\Microsoft.SqlServer.Replication.dll" /i:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Data.OracleClient.dll /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\SDK\Assemblies\Microsoft.SqlServer.WmiEnum.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\SDK\Assemblies\Microsoft.SqlServer.ServiceBrokerEnum.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\SDK\Assemblies\Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\SDK\Assemblies\Microsoft.SqlServer.Rmo.dll" /i:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.VisualC.dll /i:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Drawing.Design.dll /i:C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.SqlServer.BatchParser\9.0.242.0__89845dcd8080cc91\Microsoft.SqlServer.BatchParser.dll /i:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\SDK\Assemblies\Microsoft.SqlServer.SmoEnum.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\SDK\Assemblies\Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo.dll"
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Vbc.exe /noconfig /imports:Microsoft.VisualBasic,System /nowarn:42016,41999,42017,42018,42019,42032,42036,42020,42021,42022 /optionstrict+ /rootnamespace:MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms /doc:"obj\Debug\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.xml" /define:"CONFIG=\"Debug\",DEBUG=-1,TRACE=-1,_MyType=\"Windows\",PLATFORM=\"AnyCPU\"" /reference:"C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\DevExpress.Data.v6.3.dll","C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\DevExpress.Utils.v6.3.dll","C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\DevExpress.XtraBars.v6.3.dll","C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\DevExpress.XtraEditors.v6.3.dll","C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\DevExpress.XtraGrid.v6.3.dll","C:\Program Files\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame\MicroFour StrataFrame Base.dll","C:\Program Files\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame\MicroFour StrataFrame Business.dll","C:\Program Files\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame\MicroFour StrataFrame UI.dll",C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Data.dll,C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Design.dll,C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.dll,C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Drawing.dll,C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Windows.Forms.dll,C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Xml.dll /debug+ /debug:full /keyfile:StrataFrame.snk /out:"obj\Debug\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.dll" /resource:obj\Debug\MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.Resources.resources /resource:obj\Debug\MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.DevEx.BrowseDialogFieldSelection.resources /resource:obj\Debug\MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.DevEx.BrowseDialogSearchFieldsContainer.resources /resource:obj\Debug\MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.DevEx.BrowseDialogWindow.resources /resource:obj\Debug\MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.DevEx.DateEdit.resources /resource:obj\Debug\MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.find.png /resource:obj\Debug\MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.maintenance_toolstrip.bmp /resource:"obj\Debug\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.dll.licenses" /target:library "Collections and Items\ComboBoxItem.vb" "Collections and Items\ComboBoxItemCollection.vb" ControlConstants.vb "DevExpress Extended\BrowseDialog.vb" "DevExpress Extended\Dialogs\BrowseDialogFieldSelection.designer.vb" "DevExpress Extended\Dialogs\BrowseDialogFieldSelection.vb" "DevExpress Extended\Dialogs\BrowseDialogSearchFieldsContainer.designer.vb" "DevExpress Extended\Dialogs\BrowseDialogSearchFieldsContainer.vb" "DevExpress Extended\Dialogs\browsedialogwindow.designer.vb" "DevExpress Extended\Dialogs\browsedialogwindow.vb" DevExpress\ButtonEdit.vb DevExpress\CalcEdit.vb DevExpress\CheckEdit.vb DevExpress\ColorEdit.vb DevExpress\ComboBoxEdit.vb DevExpress\DateEdit.vb DevExpress\EnhancedList.vb DevExpress\GradientFormHeader.vb DevExpress\GroupControl.vb DevExpress\HyperLinkEdit.vb DevExpress\MemoEdit.vb DevExpress\MemoExEdit.vb DevExpress\MRUEdit.vb DevExpress\PictureEdit.vb DevExpress\PopupContainerEdit.vb DevExpress\RadioGroup.vb DevExpress\SimpleButton.vb DevExpress\SpinEdit.vb DevExpress\ThemedDetailWindow.vb DevExpress\TimeEdit.vb DevExpress\Toolbars\MaintenanceFormBarManager.vb DevExpress\Toolbars\MaintenanceFormToolbar.vb "Event Arguments\EnhancedRowPopulatingEventArgs.vb" IconFinder.vb "My Project\AssemblyInfo.vb" "My Project\Application.Designer.vb" "My Project\Resources.Designer.vb" "My Project\Settings.Designer.vb" DevExpress\TextEdit.vb
MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI -> C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\bin\Debug\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.dll
c:\AfterBuild.bat "C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\bin\Debug\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.dll" "C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\bin\Debug\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.xml"
'c:\AfterBuild.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(3089,13): error MSB3073: The command "c:\AfterBuild.bat "C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\bin\Debug\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.dll" "C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\bin\Debug\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.xml"" exited with code 9009.
Done building project "MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.vbproj" -- FAILED.
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

I am sorry for your troubles on getting this compiled...I am sure that it is something simple that we have just not put our finger on yet.

We appreciate the help and I'm sure you are right. We are just moving into .Net from VB6 so we are probably missing something obvious that more exprienced developers would be able to track down.

Since loading from sources zip I haven't done anything with the licenses.licx - should I have done some thing? The current contents of that file are:

DevExpress.XtraEditors.ComboBoxEdit, DevExpress.XtraEditors.v6.3, Version=6.3.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4
DevExpress.XtraBars.BarManager, DevExpress.XtraBars.v6.3, Version=6.3.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4
DevExpress.XtraGrid.GridControl, DevExpress.XtraGrid.v6.3, Version=6.3.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4

Cheers, Peter

By Trent L. Taylor - 1/31/2007

Wow BigGrin  OK, rebuild the source code for the Inherited UI that I did NOT send you.  If you have to, you can re-dowload this from the My Account area.  Build this and send me the build results of this...after you have changed the references and so forth.

Worst case, I will send you something else via a PM.  But this will entail some other explanations and may cause other problems.

By Peter Jones - 1/31/2007

Hi Trent,

Reloaded the orginal source and rebuilt. It failed with errors as below (ERROR 1).

I then changed all the references to 6.3.2.0 and changed the licenses.licx content as per previous messages. The rebuild failed with the 'normal' Exit Code 9009. Listing below (ERROR 2).

Again, the error refers to C:\AfterBuild.bat which does not exist.

Cheers, Peter

================ ERROR 1 ======================

------ Rebuild All started: Project: MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "DevExpress.Data.v6.2, Version=6.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4, processorArchitecture=MSIL". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "DevExpress.XtraEditors.v6.2, Version=6.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4, processorArchitecture=MSIL". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "DevExpress.XtraBars.v6.2, Version=6.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4, processorArchitecture=MSIL". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "DevExpress.Utils.v6.2, Version=6.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4, processorArchitecture=MSIL". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "DevExpress.XtraGrid.v6.2, Version=6.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4, processorArchitecture=MSIL". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
DevExpress Extended\Dialogs\browsedialogwindow.resx(183,5): error MSB3103: Invalid Resx file. Type DevExpress.Utils.ImageCollectionStreamer, DevExpress.Utils.v6.2, Version=6.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4 in the data at line 133, position 4 cannot be located. Line 183, position 5.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

================= ERROR 2 ===============================
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\bin\LC.exe /target:"MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.dll" /complist:"My Project\licenses.licx" /outdir:obj\Debug\ /i:"C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\DevExpress.Data.v6.3.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\DevExpress.Utils.v6.3.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\DevExpress.XtraBars.v6.3.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\DevExpress.XtraEditors.v6.3.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\DevExpress.XtraGrid.v6.3.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame\MicroFour StrataFrame Base.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame\MicroFour StrataFrame Business.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame\MicroFour StrataFrame UI.dll" /i:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Data.dll /i:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Design.dll /i:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.dll /i:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Drawing.dll /i:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Windows.Forms.dll /i:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Xml.dll /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\SDK\Assemblies\Microsoft.SqlServer.RegSvrEnum.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\SDK\Assemblies\Microsoft.SqlServer.SqlEnum.dll" /i:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Web.dll /i:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Configuration.dll /i:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Management.dll /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\SDK\Assemblies\Microsoft.SqlServer.Replication.dll" /i:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Data.OracleClient.dll /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\SDK\Assemblies\Microsoft.SqlServer.WmiEnum.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\SDK\Assemblies\Microsoft.SqlServer.ServiceBrokerEnum.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\SDK\Assemblies\Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\SDK\Assemblies\Microsoft.SqlServer.Rmo.dll" /i:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.VisualC.dll /i:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Drawing.Design.dll /i:C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.SqlServer.BatchParser\9.0.242.0__89845dcd8080cc91\Microsoft.SqlServer.BatchParser.dll /i:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\SDK\Assemblies\Microsoft.SqlServer.SmoEnum.dll" /i:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\SDK\Assemblies\Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo.dll"
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Vbc.exe /noconfig /imports:Microsoft.VisualBasic,System /nowarn:42016,41999,42017,42018,42019,42032,42036,42020,42021,42022 /optionstrict+ /rootnamespace:MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms /doc:"obj\Debug\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.xml" /define:"CONFIG=\"Debug\",DEBUG=-1,TRACE=-1,_MyType=\"Windows\",PLATFORM=\"AnyCPU\"" /reference:"C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\DevExpress.Data.v6.3.dll","C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\DevExpress.Utils.v6.3.dll","C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\DevExpress.XtraBars.v6.3.dll","C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\DevExpress.XtraEditors.v6.3.dll","C:\Program Files\Developer Express .NET 2005 v6.3\Sources\DevExpress.DLL\DevExpress.XtraGrid.v6.3.dll","C:\Program Files\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame\MicroFour StrataFrame Base.dll","C:\Program Files\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame\MicroFour StrataFrame Business.dll","C:\Program Files\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame\MicroFour StrataFrame UI.dll",C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Data.dll,C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Design.dll,C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.dll,C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Drawing.dll,C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Windows.Forms.dll,C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Xml.dll /debug+ /debug:full /keyfile:StrataFrame.snk /out:"obj\Debug\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.dll" /resource:obj\Debug\MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.Resources.resources /resource:obj\Debug\MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.DevEx.BrowseDialogFieldSelection.resources /resource:obj\Debug\MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.DevEx.BrowseDialogSearchFieldsContainer.resources /resource:obj\Debug\MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.DevEx.BrowseDialogWindow.resources /resource:obj\Debug\MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.DevEx.DateEdit.resources /resource:obj\Debug\MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.find.png /resource:obj\Debug\MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.maintenance_toolstrip.bmp /resource:"obj\Debug\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.dll.licenses" /target:library "Collections and Items\ComboBoxItem.vb" "Collections and Items\ComboBoxItemCollection.vb" ControlConstants.vb "DevExpress Extended\BrowseDialog.vb" "DevExpress Extended\Dialogs\BrowseDialogFieldSelection.designer.vb" "DevExpress Extended\Dialogs\BrowseDialogFieldSelection.vb" "DevExpress Extended\Dialogs\BrowseDialogSearchFieldsContainer.designer.vb" "DevExpress Extended\Dialogs\BrowseDialogSearchFieldsContainer.vb" "DevExpress Extended\Dialogs\browsedialogwindow.designer.vb" "DevExpress Extended\Dialogs\browsedialogwindow.vb" DevExpress\ButtonEdit.vb DevExpress\CalcEdit.vb DevExpress\CheckEdit.vb DevExpress\ColorEdit.vb DevExpress\ComboBoxEdit.vb DevExpress\DateEdit.vb DevExpress\EnhancedList.vb DevExpress\GradientFormHeader.vb DevExpress\GroupControl.vb DevExpress\HyperLinkEdit.vb DevExpress\MemoEdit.vb DevExpress\MemoExEdit.vb DevExpress\MRUEdit.vb DevExpress\PictureEdit.vb DevExpress\PopupContainerEdit.vb DevExpress\RadioGroup.vb DevExpress\SimpleButton.vb DevExpress\SpinEdit.vb DevExpress\ThemedDetailWindow.vb DevExpress\TimeEdit.vb DevExpress\Toolbars\MaintenanceFormBarManager.vb DevExpress\Toolbars\MaintenanceFormToolbar.vb "Event Arguments\EnhancedRowPopulatingEventArgs.vb" IconFinder.vb "My Project\AssemblyInfo.vb" "My Project\Application.Designer.vb" "My Project\Resources.Designer.vb" "My Project\Settings.Designer.vb" DevExpress\TextEdit.vb
MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI -> C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\bin\Debug\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.dll
c:\AfterBuild.bat "C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\bin\Debug\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.dll" "C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\bin\Debug\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.xml"
'c:\AfterBuild.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(3089,13): error MSB3073: The command "c:\AfterBuild.bat "C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\bin\Debug\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.dll" "C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\bin\Debug\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.xml"" exited with code 9009.

Error 1 The command "c:\AfterBuild.bat "C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\bin\Debug\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.dll" "C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\bin\Debug\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.xml"" exited with code 9009. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

By StrataFrame Team - 2/1/2007

When you view the references within the MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI project (by clicking the Show All Files button at the top of the Solution Explorer), do the DevExpress assemblies show warning icons on them?  Also, if you right-click one of those references and show the properties, is the version of them still 6.2.3.0?  If so, then you will need to delete the references there under the references node and add the references to 6.3.2.0.
By Peter Jones - 2/1/2007

Hi Ben,

Every item, i.e. DevEx, SF, standard Net reference, under References has the yellow triangle, explanation mark icon. Clicking on the references causes the icon to go away. The DevEx references have remained at the new version of 6.3.2.0. See attached screen shot.

Cheers, Peter

By Trent L. Taylor - 2/2/2007

Peter,

Since you did see the Warning signs, it is possible that the references just need to be readded.  Try deleting all of the DevExpress references and then adding them back.  Warning signs next to references are a sign of trouble resolving the reference.

By Peter Jones - 2/2/2007

Hi Trent,

I've done that several times but nothing changes however I have just done a rebuild without any references and get a whole lot of 'not defined' errors plus this error:

Description:  Invalid Resx file. Type DevExpress.Utils.ImageCollectionStreamer, DevExpress.Utils.v6.2, Version=6.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4 in the data at line 133, position 4 cannot be located. Line 183 position 5.

File:   C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\DevExpress Extended\Dialogs\browsedialogwindow.resx

Line:  183 

Column:   5

Project:  MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Build error message is:

DevExpress Extended\Dialogs\browsedialogwindow.resx(183,5): error MSB3103: Invalid Resx file. Type DevExpress.Utils.ImageCollectionStreamer, DevExpress.Utils.v6.2, Version=6.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4 in the data at line 133, position 4 cannot be located. Line 183, position 5.

So, there are references here to 6.2.3.0 which I did have loaded when trialing StrataFrame but it was uninstalled before loading the current version of DexEx.

Cheers, Peter

By Trent L. Taylor - 2/2/2007

Have you done a "Clean Solution" and then "Rebuild Solution?"  To do this, right-click on the solution, not the project.  Then do a clean then after that do a rebuild.  Let's see if that updates the resource file.
By Peter Jones - 2/2/2007

Hi,

Yes, this what I have been doing although your reference to not doing this at the 'project level' is a bit confusing. It is only at the root level in the Solution Explorer that I even have the option to build/rebuild.

Can you please confirm that the reference to the batch file "c:\afterbuild.bat" is not an issue as I keep seeing it in the error but I know it doesn't exist.

Cheers, Peter

By Trent L. Taylor - 2/3/2007

You actually have an afterbuild.bat in the root source folder.  But attached is the afterbuild.bat (contained within a ZIP file) you can manually copy to the c:\ folder.
By Peter Jones - 2/3/2007

Hi Trent,

Well the rebuild worked fine with afterbuild.bat loaded in c:\

When I now open the Inherited UI solution the warning icons do not appear. So I guess I'm ready to rock and roll - thanks for your help.

I see DevEx now have a 6.3.3.0 release. What is the normal chain of events - do you guys issue a new licenses.licx file?

Cheers, Peter

By Trent L. Taylor - 2/6/2007

Glad you got it going!  As for the license.licx file, this is not something we need to provide.  I know that you are probably a bit leary to instal their 6.3.3 update (we have already done this for the release coming out at the end of the week).  But you just need to change your 5 references and recompile the source and you will be good to go.
By Peter Jones - 2/7/2007

My problems appear to continue now that I've actually started to try create a DevEx form type.
I've created a new project and added a simple BO. I then tried to create a new "SF DevEX Maintenance Form" and received error - SF02.jpg - notice the reference to DevEx 6.2 (not 6.3). The load continues and I then get error SF03.jpg (again the reference to DevEx 6.2). I then opened the Inherited UI project and it seems to be ok (refer SF04.jpg).
Any ideas?
Peter
By Trent L. Taylor - 2/8/2007

This has nothing to do with the DLLs but the templates.  The templates still have the older reference.  If you ignore the errors and just manually add the references into the solution you will be fine.

The new update will be released by the end of tomorrow (Friday) which will have the templates already updated for you.

By Peter Jones - 2/8/2007

Hi Trent,

I think I will just wait. I presume you send an e-mail when updates are ready to download?

Cheers, Peter

By Trent L. Taylor - 2/8/2007

We will send out an email letting you know Smile