Error in build after changing DevExpress references to 6.2.3

Author
Peter Jones
StrataFrame User (392 reputation)StrataFrame User (392 reputation)StrataFrame User (392 reputation)StrataFrame User (392 reputation)StrataFrame User (392 reputation)StrataFrame User (392 reputation)StrataFrame User (392 reputation)StrataFrame User (392 reputation)StrataFrame User (392 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I've just bought SF and want to use it againt DevExpress V6.3.x. I opened the SF Inherited UI Solution and changed the four DevExpress references from 6.2.x to 6.3.x but, when I do the build, I get essentially the same error against each of the reference, e.g.

Description: Unable to resolve type 'DevExpress.XtraEditors.ComboBoxEdit, DevExpress.XtraEditors.v6.2, Version=6.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4'

File: C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\My Project\licenses.licx

Line: 1 

Project: MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI

What else do I need to do to rebuild against the latest version of DevExpress.

TIA - Peter

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Peter,

You were close Smile  There are actually 5 references.

DevExpress.Data
DevExpress.Utils
DevExpress.XtraBars
DevExpress.XtraEditors
DevExpress.XtraGrid

Next, you have to REBUILD the solution, not just build.  To make sure you can also do a clean.  Right-click on the solution, not the project, and then click rebuild solution.  The will force the license.licx file to update properly.

Peter Jones
Peter Jones
StrataFrame User (392 reputation)StrataFrame User (392 reputation)StrataFrame User (392 reputation)StrataFrame User (392 reputation)StrataFrame User (392 reputation)StrataFrame User (392 reputation)StrataFrame User (392 reputation)StrataFrame User (392 reputation)StrataFrame User (392 reputation)
Hi Trent,

Actually I did change all five but I said four becuase I had just four errors - I thought each of of the changes generated an error but this isn't the case. I did a clean the a rebuild solution but that didn't change anything. I will list all four errors below - when I look closer at them it is complaining about individual sections of the reference, e.g. ComboBoxEdit, not the entire reference.

Cheers, Peter

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Error 1 Unable to resolve type 'DevExpress.XtraEditors.ComboBoxEdit, DevExpress.XtraEditors.v6.2, Version=6.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4' 

C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\My Project\licenses.licx

MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Error 2 Unable to resolve type 'DevExpress.XtraBars.BarManager, DevExpress.XtraBars.v6.2, Version=6.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4'

C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\My Project\licenses.licx

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Error 3 Unable to resolve type 'DevExpress.XtraGrid.GridControl, DevExpress.XtraGrid.v6.2, Version=6.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4'

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Error 4 Unable to resolve type 'DevExpress.XtraEditors.Repository.RepositoryItemComboBox, DevExpress.XtraEditors.v6.2, Version=6.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4'

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)
It is just like I said in the previous post, the licenses.licx file has to be rebuilt.  Just open up the license file and delete the contents.  When you rebuild it will add your license information back in.
Peter Jones
Peter Jones
Hi Trent,

Yes that worked fine. This is nit-picking I know because your support is prompt and considered but I'm afraid I didn't understand that "rebuilding" meant finding the licenses.licx and deleting its contents. No doubt you where assuming a level of knowledge on my part that I didn't posses.

Cheers, Peter

Peter Jones
Peter Jones
Hi Trent,

Oops, spoke to too soon the rebuild actually didn't work.

1) The licenses.licx remains empty after the rebuild.

2) The build gave the error:

The command "c:\AfterBuild.bat "C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\bin\Debug\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.dll" "C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\bin\Debug\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.xml"" exited with code 9009.

3) There is no "c:\AfterBuild.bat" but there is one in: "C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code" that contains:

"%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin\gacutil.exe" -i %1 -f
copy /Y %1 "%CommonProgramFiles%\MicroFour\StrataFrame"
copy /Y %2 "%CommonProgramFiles%\MicroFour\StrataFrame"

4) StrataFrame and DevExp are both installed in their default locations.

Cheers, Peter

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Place the below text in your licenses.licx file to support the DevExpress 6.3.2 build.

DevExpress.XtraEditors.ComboBoxEdit, DevExpress.XtraEditors.v6.3, Version=6.3.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4
DevExpress.XtraEditors.Repository.RepositoryItemComboBox, DevExpress.XtraEditors.v6.3, Version=6.3.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4
DevExpress.XtraBars.BarManager, DevExpress.XtraBars.v6.3, Version=6.3.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4
DevExpress.XtraEditors.Repository.RepositoryItemComboBox, DevExpress.XtraEditors.v6.3, Version=6.3.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4
DevExpress.XtraGrid.GridControl, DevExpress.XtraGrid.v6.3, Version=6.3.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=79868b8147b5eae4

Peter Jones
Peter Jones
Hi Trent,

No, that didn't work - the error remains and is unchanged. I suppose I'm changing the correct licenses.licx? The one I'm changing is in:

C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI\My Project

Cheers, Peter

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
I sent you a private message with the Inherited UI source code. 
Peter Jones
Peter Jones
Hi Trent,

I presume that zip needed to be extracted into: C:\Program Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame Source Code

When I did this there were a number of 'error creating file' errors:, e.g. "Error creating file: C:\program files\microfour\stratafame source code\microfour strataframe inherited ui\collections and items\comboboxitem.vb", "..\ComboBoxItemCollection.vb" and so on.

I clicked ok past all of these and opened "..\MicroFour StrataFrame Inherited UI.sln" to rebuild and received various source control errors. I repeated the extract and opened the sln again and this time no source control errors. We don't use vss by the way - just the Team Foundation Server source control.

The build gave exactly the same error as before.

Cheers, Peter

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...