StrataFrame Forum

Error deployment data

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic8319.aspx

By softaca - 4/19/2007

As i am a newbie with the Strataframe framework, i am not sure to post this as a question or an issue. At the moment i am implementing the deployment of a database within one of my projects. It includes some deployment data as well. That is the data for the security and the data for the localization. When i deploy only the structure and the above mentioned data everything runs smootly. If a add the data from another table and try to deploy then i always get an error, see the attached logfile. The table is a very simple table with only one field and one record.

Do you have any idea what the problem is here? I attach the package file as file.

By Trent L. Taylor - 4/19/2007

It looks like there is something not quite right with your deployment data which has caused the issue.  I got the same error as you during deployment, but I actually had issues trying to import the package into the DDT so I could look at your deployment data.

The error looks like it is coming from one of your deployment data definitions, and guesing, I think it would be the Deployment Data item that deals with the DatabaseVerion.  All of the StrataFrame related data such as the security and messaging came in without a hitch, but it died on the DatabaseVersion.

If you remove that deployment item and re-package and re-deploy does the error persist?

P.S. I just wanted to commend you on your post first post.  You had already located the log file and provided the package file all of which I would have asked for!

By softaca - 4/19/2007

Thanks for your reply. If i remove the deployment data item everything comes in ok. I pull the data from another database than the Strataframe database. Could that be a problem? I really can't understand what the problem could be, i mean it's a very basic table with no relations, triggers or what so ever. It just holds a version number e.g. "0.95.5.8" in a nchar(10) field. Do you need some other information, files or database to solve this?

Thanks

By StrataFrame Team - 4/20/2007

I stepped through the deployment of your package and discovered that the Databaseversion table does not have a primary key.  The primary key is required by the deployment data to determine which record to overwrite/ignore/merge.  So, if you add an Id column to that table and make it the PK/Identity column, then it will deploy properly.
By softaca - 4/22/2007

Thanks, that solved the problem.