Error deployment data

Author
softaca
StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
As i am a newbie with the Strataframe framework, i am not sure to post this as a question or an issue. At the moment i am implementing the deployment of a database within one of my projects. It includes some deployment data as well. That is the data for the security and the data for the localization. When i deploy only the structure and the above mentioned data everything runs smootly. If a add the data from another table and try to deploy then i always get an error, see the attached logfile. The table is a very simple table with only one field and one record.

Do you have any idea what the problem is here? I attach the package file as file.

Attachments
PosNextStrata.pkg (91 views, 59.00 KB)
PosNextStrata_results.txt (124 views, 6.00 KB)
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
It looks like there is something not quite right with your deployment data which has caused the issue.  I got the same error as you during deployment, but I actually had issues trying to import the package into the DDT so I could look at your deployment data.

The error looks like it is coming from one of your deployment data definitions, and guesing, I think it would be the Deployment Data item that deals with the DatabaseVerion.  All of the StrataFrame related data such as the security and messaging came in without a hitch, but it died on the DatabaseVersion.

If you remove that deployment item and re-package and re-deploy does the error persist?

P.S. I just wanted to commend you on your post first post.  You had already located the log file and provided the package file all of which I would have asked for!

softaca
softaca
StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)
Thanks for your reply. If i remove the deployment data item everything comes in ok. I pull the data from another database than the Strataframe database. Could that be a problem? I really can't understand what the problem could be, i mean it's a very basic table with no relations, triggers or what so ever. It just holds a version number e.g. "0.95.5.8" in a nchar(10) field. Do you need some other information, files or database to solve this?

Thanks

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I stepped through the deployment of your package and discovered that the Databaseversion table does not have a primary key.  The primary key is required by the deployment data to determine which record to overwrite/ignore/merge.  So, if you add an Id column to that table and make it the PK/Identity column, then it will deploy properly.
softaca
softaca
Thanks, that solved the problem.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...