StrataFrame Forum

Cannot edit searchfields in BrowseDialog

http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic8573.aspx

By Ivan George Borges - 4/30/2007

Hi there.

Something strange started happening over here. I can't add a new searchfield in any BrowseDialog I have, old or new ones. I open the SearchFileds builder, hit Add, it opens the Search Field Criteria dialog alright, type the info and when I press OK the dialog closes, but the search field doesn't show up in the list. If I try to Edit an existing search field, once I press the Edit button, the builder just closes with no message.

Any ideas of how I managed to break it this way?

By StrataFrame Team - 4/30/2007

Did you one of the new DLLs posted on the forum for an interim fix?  If you only used the Extensibility DLL, then most likely, there was a change that also requires the 4 core DLLs.  You can get the DLLs to fix the browse dialog problems from the following links (they're both in the same topic).

http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost8410.aspx

http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost8363.aspx

By Ben Hayat - 4/30/2007

Ben Chase (04/30/2007)
Did you one of the new DLLs posted on the forum for an interim fix? If you only used the Extensibility DLL, then most likely, there was a change that also requires the 4 core DLLs. You can get the DLLs to fix the browse dialog problems from the following links (they're both in the same topic).

http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost8410.aspx

http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost8363.aspx

Ben I had also done the same update that Trent provided (which there was only on DLL) in it, and now I see your second post, you had a new Zip file (which I had missed), to download (which has 4 DLLs).

Should we follow the same following routine with these 4 DLLs?

1. Close down Visual Studio

2. Drag the DLL into the c:\windows\assembly folder (GAC)

3. Copy the DLL and XML file to c:\program files\common files\microfour\strataframe

4. Re-open Visual Studio and you should be good to go!

Hi Ben.

Thanks a lot!

I had done the Extensibility, bu I had missed the DLLs post somehow... and I read everything, it must be the ageing...

See you soon.

By Ben Hayat - 4/30/2007

Ivan George Borges (04/30/2007)
Hi Ben.

Thanks a lot!

I had done the Extensibility, bu I had missed the DLLs post somehow... and I read everything, it must be the ageing...

See you soon.

Hi Ivan;

Good thing I read the post. I only kept up with what Trent had put up and missed what Ben had added!
By Trent L. Taylor - 4/30/2007

Should we follow the same following routine with these 4 DLLs?

Yes.  You will follow the same instructions from that previous post.

LOL...we won't hold it against you Wink

By Larry Caylor - 4/30/2007

I try to keep up with new posts to the forum on a daily basis. But some times, like Ivan, I miss something (probably a result of being around when punch cards and FORTRAN were is use). Instead of having to search all the posts it would be nice if all patches could be found in one place.

-Larry

By StrataFrame Team - 4/30/2007

Aye, we'll try to go back to using the closed developer threads that are available from the forum homepage... I think there's one called "Updates"... seems like a logical enough place to put them.

Hi Ben.

Are you flying Lary's jet plane? Tongue

Wish I could say I got to fly it but I only got to work on its mission planning system. The aircraft itself was pretty advanced. The planning system ran on punch cards, mag tape and FORTRAN.

-Larry

Larry Caylor (04/30/2007)
Wish I could say I got to fly it but I only got to work on its mission planning system. The aircraft itself was pretty advanced. The planning system ran on punch cards, mag tape and FORTRAN.

WOW!

I bet that was exciting Larry, working in a project like that!

And the things we used to do with those thousands of cards... I did lots of FORTRAN and then COBOL with them too.

I remember working with the IBM /360 system... and all the amazing 8 KB of RAM. Crying

Ivan,

We'll have to chat about the old punch card days next week over some of that free beerWink

-Larry

I'm looking forward to it Exclamation Mark
By StrataFrame Team - 5/1/2007

Hehe, no, my brother-in-law flies an F-16 for USAF... I had to put that signature down because no one else here on the forum (save Trent, because we share an office and he can see the wallpaper on my computer's desktop) knows who Master Chief is Smile  That avatar is Master Chief from Halo (I'm a pretty big Halo fan, along with lots of other video games). 

And yes, the SR-71 was a very nice airplane.

By StrataFrame Team - 5/1/2007

And it seems that now everyone is starting to using an avatar.  Yay, I started a Trend Wink

Actually, Ivan started it... or maybe it was Ricardo with the logo of is favorite Futbol club... dunno.

By Ben Hayat - 5/1/2007

And it seems that now everyone is starting to using an avatar. Yay, I started a Trend

We all seem to put picture of "things" or "People" that we love or admire, in our avatar section. For instance, I'm a car guy and love fast cars. What I don't know, whose picture is that, in Ivan's avatar, that he seem to admire so much???Smile
By Ben Hayat - 5/1/2007

Larry Caylor (04/30/2007)
Ivan,

We'll have to chat about the old punch card days next week over some of that free beerWink

-Larry

Larry, you're coming too? Cool!

Now why is it, that I see people who have already taken the course once, are taking it again? Is it because the teacher didn't do a good job the first time? BigGrinBigGrin

J/K Trent...
By Greg McGuffey - 5/1/2007

Now why is it, that I see people who have already taken the course once, are taking it again? Is it because the teacher didn't do a good job the first time?

Pinch ...there might be a one beer penalty for roughing the teacher.

Actually, it seems to indicate to me that the framework is growing a lot. This is a good thing!

Or it indicates that free beer really is an effective marketing strategy! Smooooth
By Ivan George Borges - 5/1/2007

Actually, Ivan started it... or maybe it was Ricardo with the logo of is favorite Futbol club... dunno.

Yeah, I think Ricardo put Sao Paulo's logo there first. After all, it is the best "football" team in the world! Then I put my silly face smiling, can't get worse than that... BigGrin

What I don't know, whose picture is that, in Ivan's avatar, that he seem to admire so much???

Ain't I pretty? Mom has always thought so. Tongue

Actually, it seems to indicate to me that the framework is growing a lot. This is a good thing! Or it indicates that free beer really is an effective marketing strategy!

Free beer, no doubt. (oh, forgot this is not a Private Message) Whistling

By Trent L. Taylor - 5/1/2007

...there might be a one beer penalty for roughing the teacher.

Actually a 2 beer penalty Wink  And a one beer bonus for those who DEFEND the teacher BigGrin

By Ben Hayat - 5/1/2007

Trent L. Taylor (05/01/2007)
...there might be a one beer penalty for roughing the teacher.

Actually a 2 beer penalty Wink And a one beer bonus for those who DEFEND the teacher BigGrin

So you're taking my beer and giving it BigGrinto Greg??

I would like to pronounce, with no second intentions, that Trent is THE BEST. 

So you're taking my beer and giving it to Greg??

Well I will give you a break this time since you didn't know the rules Smile

I would like to pronounce, with no second intentions, that Trent is THE BEST. 

Thank you, sir.  But we are still going to have a talk about all of this beer you are costing me BigGrin

Thank you, sir.  But we are still going to have a talk about all of this beer you are costing me BigGrin

You won't find me in the class... I've just bought a chicken disguise, you won't even notice I'm there.

LOL....I tell you what, you wear a chicken suit through the class and you will not have to buy a single beer the entire time you are here Tongue

EASY !!!

Okay...I will have it ready for you BigGrin

So you're taking my beer and giving it to Greg??

Well I will give you a break this time since you didn't know the rules Smile

Darn almost had an extra beer! Wow

LOL....I tell you what, you wear a chicken suit through the class and you will not have to buy a single beer the entire time you are here Tongue

ROFL
By nei.silva - 10/3/2010

Post em local indevido
By Ivan George Borges - 10/3/2010

Olá Nei.

Quanto ao erro, não consegui ter uma ideia do que possa ser, ainda mais que você consegue fazer a pesquisa e obter resultado. Acho que se pudesse postar uma aplicação exemplo que gerasse o erro, eu poderia dar uma olhada daqui.

Quanto à navegação, a sua pesquisa resultou em apenas 1 registro, logo não há como navegar para nenhum outro.