Cannot edit searchfields in BrowseDialog

Author
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi there.

Something strange started happening over here. I can't add a new searchfield in any BrowseDialog I have, old or new ones. I open the SearchFileds builder, hit Add, it opens the Search Field Criteria dialog alright, type the info and when I press OK the dialog closes, but the search field doesn't show up in the list. If I try to Edit an existing search field, once I press the Edit button, the builder just closes with no message.

Any ideas of how I managed to break it this way?

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Did you one of the new DLLs posted on the forum for an interim fix?  If you only used the Extensibility DLL, then most likely, there was a change that also requires the 4 core DLLs.  You can get the DLLs to fix the browse dialog problems from the following links (they're both in the same topic).

http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost8410.aspx

http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost8363.aspx

Ben Hayat
Ben Hayat
StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Ben Chase (04/30/2007)
Did you one of the new DLLs posted on the forum for an interim fix? If you only used the Extensibility DLL, then most likely, there was a change that also requires the 4 core DLLs. You can get the DLLs to fix the browse dialog problems from the following links (they're both in the same topic).

http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost8410.aspx

http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost8363.aspx

Ben I had also done the same update that Trent provided (which there was only on DLL) in it, and now I see your second post, you had a new Zip file (which I had missed), to download (which has 4 DLLs).

Should we follow the same following routine with these 4 DLLs?

1. Close down Visual Studio

2. Drag the DLL into the c:\windows\assembly folder (GAC)

3. Copy the DLL and XML file to c:\program files\common files\microfour\strataframe

4. Re-open Visual Studio and you should be good to go!

..ßen
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Hi Ben.

Thanks a lot!

I had done the Extensibility, bu I had missed the DLLs post somehow... and I read everything, it must be the ageing...

See you soon.

Ben Hayat
Ben Hayat
StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Ivan George Borges (04/30/2007)
Hi Ben.

Thanks a lot!

I had done the Extensibility, bu I had missed the DLLs post somehow... and I read everything, it must be the ageing...

See you soon.

Hi Ivan;

Good thing I read the post. I only kept up with what Trent had put up and missed what Ben had added!

..ßen
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Should we follow the same following routine with these 4 DLLs?

Yes.  You will follow the same instructions from that previous post.

LOL...we won't hold it against you Wink

Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
I try to keep up with new posts to the forum on a daily basis. But some times, like Ivan, I miss something (probably a result of being around when punch cards and FORTRAN were is use). Instead of having to search all the posts it would be nice if all patches could be found in one place.

-Larry

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Aye, we'll try to go back to using the closed developer threads that are available from the forum homepage... I think there's one called "Updates"... seems like a logical enough place to put them.
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Hi Ben.

Are you flying Lary's jet plane? Tongue

Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Wish I could say I got to fly it but I only got to work on its mission planning system. The aircraft itself was pretty advanced. The planning system ran on punch cards, mag tape and FORTRAN.

-Larry

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...