Update Using Stored Procedure Issue

Author
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
I've run into an issue with update stored procedures generated by DDT are not matching up with the update parameter list created by the framework. I have a table with a non-identity integer pk and a SQL timestamp column that I've configured in DDT to generate insert and update procs.

After mapping the table to an object in BO mapper I've dropped it on a form and set the appropriate properties to use stored procedures for update and insert, set auto ncrement pk = false and configured the BO to use optimstic timestamp concurrency.

When I run the app inserts work. When I try to update I get an error stating the update procedure has too many arguments specified. Looking at the parameters that were generated in debug mode, it shows a "..._ORGPK" parameter containing the original pk value. It would appear that the framework is failing to recognize that timestamp concurrency is being used and is not supressing the original pk parameter or DDT is failing to include it in the proc.

-Larry

Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)
I did a little more checking and found that DDT is not adding the original pk value parameter (_ORGPK) to any of the update procs, regardless of the data type.

-Larry

Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor
Did this one get missed?
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Yep, it sure did get overlooked... I'm checking it right now, Larry.
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
OK, looks like this is a DDT problem... it should be adding PK_ORG to the parameter list, just in case anyone wants to change their primary key on a record (which they can since it's not an IDENTITY column... if you want to change it you might have a design problem, but by allowing this, we cover all of the bases).  I'll fix the DDT and post the update here (there seems to be a lot of DDT fixes in the last few days Wink).
StrataFrame Team
S
OK, here's the fix that now properly includes the _ORG pk value in the update sproc.
Attachments
ddt.zip (178 views, 750.00 KB)
Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor
Thanks Ben. That fixed the problem. Looks like there were some other changes too. I was having an issue with role base security that went awaywhen I redeployed the database using the new DDT.

-Larry

StrataFrame Team
S
Hrm... no idea what that could have been, but yeah, the last few days have been DDT days... several fixes made their way in Wink
Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor
Looks like my initial test of the fix was flawedBlush It turns out that the updated DDT is appending "_ORG" to the primary key name when it creates the update stored procedure for a non-identiy PK. The framework is appending "_ORGPK" when it creates the SQL command, so of course it fails. For now I've just modified SqlDataSoruceItem to append "_ORG" since I have the source and that is easier than modifying the stored procedures.

-Larry

StrataFrame Team
S
OK, I'll change the DDT so that it maches what's in the SqlDataSourceItem within the next release.  Thanks, Larry.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...