DDT erasing Triggers

Author
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I know triggers aren't supported by the DDT yet, but here is my issue.

I have triggers in my SQL database, I just updated a table in the DDT to add some fields and deployed it to the server, it erased all my triggers.

How can I avoid this? I thought the rule was if the DDT doesn't need to update something it leaves it alone?

Keith Chisarik
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
How can I avoid this? I thought the rule was if the DDT doesn't need to update something it leaves it alone?

I am not sure why it is wiping them out.  We will have to look at this.  If the triggers are being stored off as sprocs or views then, yes, they will get removed.  The DDT always removes and updates the sprocs and views.  But we will look into it.

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
thanks... luckily I had a good backup because the syntax on them was a real *****

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
When I go to recreate them via CREATE TRIGGER scripts it says they already exist, though I cannot see them. They definitely exist because they are doing their job. The just disappeared from SQL management Studio when I ran the DDT deploy, they were definitely there 2 minutes before I did the deploy because I was reviewing their functionality with my boss.

I have rebooted and reloaded everything I could think of, any ideas?

Thanks.

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
You can delete this entire thread.... there is no problem.

Sorry

Keith Chisarik
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Good to hear....I wasn't able to reproduce when I tested it Smile
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...