Report and XtraReport

Author
Chan
Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

Any ideas how to create master-details report using xtrareport and SF BO? How could I bind field to report in design time?

Thank you
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Funny you are asking about this.  We are starting to recommend Report-Shooter from Perpetuum software (http://www.perpetuumsoftware.com).  We will be posting samples and examples of how to integrate SF and have native object model support with the report engine.  Also we will be posting the differences between each of the report engines we tested over the next couple of weeks.  We chose not to use XtraReports because this is more cumbersome with their approach.  Active Reports and Report-Shooter have very clean object models which make it easy to bind to objects supporting the IBindingList interface.

Also, I posted on another thread regarding how we bind to a report with an object model support.  This happened to be in a grid thread, but the logic is the same: http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost11505.aspx .

Robin J Giltner
Robin J Giltner
StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)
We used XtraReports exclusively in our application and have several parent-child-grandchild ... reports.

The easiest way I found was by using BusinessBindingSource Objects that instantiated a new BusinessObject of whichever type was needed for that Object, dropping those on the report form, and manipulating them on the Report via the DataSourceRowChanged Event.

Using this approach got us away from having to build datasources from the underlying data.

I can create a quick sample if you want one.

Robin Giltner

Chan
Chan
Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)
Hi,

It would be very helpful if you could send me a quick sample.

Thank you very much.
Robin J Giltner
Robin J Giltner
StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)
Are you using DevExpress 6.3, or 7.1 ?

Robin Giltner

Robin J Giltner
Robin J Giltner
I went ahead and coded it using the 6.3 DevExpress dll's.  If you are using 7.1, you should be able to just replace the defunct references with your own 7.1 dll's.

I didn't go through and thoroughly test it, but it appeared to be working (famous developer last words :-) )

Let me know if you have any problems.

Robin Giltner

Attachments
SampleReportingApp.zip (123 views, 858.00 KB)
Victor Sousa
Victor Sousa
StrataFrame Beginner (44 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (44 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (44 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (44 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (44 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (44 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (44 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (44 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (44 reputation)
Does anyone have an example of this or any other way of doing Master Detail in XtraReports with the latest version of XtraReports? I tried downloading the SampleReportingApp but I can't seem to view the relevant code/report because of the older version used.
Rogerio Mauri
Rogerio Mauri
StrataFrame User (301 reputation)StrataFrame User (301 reputation)StrataFrame User (301 reputation)StrataFrame User (301 reputation)StrataFrame User (301 reputation)StrataFrame User (301 reputation)StrataFrame User (301 reputation)StrataFrame User (301 reputation)StrataFrame User (301 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
We use Report Sharp-Shooter from Perpetuum Software (http://www.perpetuumsoft.com)

Easy and compatible with StrataFrameBO.

I recommend.

Rogério Mauri Smile

Peter Jones
Peter Jones
StrataFrame User (486 reputation)StrataFrame User (486 reputation)StrataFrame User (486 reputation)StrataFrame User (486 reputation)StrataFrame User (486 reputation)StrataFrame User (486 reputation)StrataFrame User (486 reputation)StrataFrame User (486 reputation)StrataFrame User (486 reputation)
Hi Victor,

This link as a lot of info regarding DX Reports and Strataframe: http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic27535-7-1.aspx

Cheers, Peter
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...