Does ES support DB2?

Author
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I have a new project that will need to run at my clients multiple office locations, currently they use thin clients via a VPN, but I don't think I want to rely on it. Will ES work here for a Winform application using DB2 on OS/400 on the backend?

Thanks.

Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Yes, the ES is provider independent... you have to specify the DbDataSourceItem type to use in the ES's configuration file.
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
The EnterpriseDataSourceItem essentially wraps a DbDataSourceItem and overrides the transport to send it across HTTP, so it will work with SqlDataSourceItem, OracleDataSourceItem, Db2DataSourceItem, etc.
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Nice.

Is there a "getting started with ES" whitepaper or help file somewhere, I am going to set up and test internally before pitching to my client.

Thanks.

Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame Team
S
No, but there are several documents within the help file that detail how to setup the web.config and datasources.config files which define everything for the ES.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...