Error double-clicking index node

Author
Charles R Hankey
Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Really need help on this one.  Somehow broke my DTT again.  Trying to apply fixes and patches as they appear here scattered through the message base and I'm afraid I may have let my ignorance of just how the plumbing of .NET works let me do something dumb.

Here's the error on double-clicking an index node :

MissingMethodException
  Method not found: 'Void MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.ChildFormDialog.set_ParentForm(MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.IContainerControl)'.

Source     : DatabaseDTK

Stack Trace:
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.IndexProperties.InitializeComponent()
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.IndexProperties..ctor(Int32 ProfilePK, String TableName, Int32 TablePK, Int32 IndexPK)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.ProfileEditorDialog.ShowIndexProperties(Int32 IndexPK)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.ProfileEditorDialog.lstDetail_DoubleClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Nativewindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I'm attaching shots of my Strataframe folder and the assembly folder

A little confused in that after installing 1.6.1 the assembly folder still showed 1.6.0 as the version, but I admit to not understanding the GAC yet.

I applied the files from the zip Ben posted on 8-31 ( a DatabaseDTK.EXE dated 8-31 and a StrataframeBO.dll )

Help getting me back on track would be greatly appreciated as the DDT is pretty essential to a major project I'm working on.

TIA

Charles

Charles R Hankey
Charles R Hankey
Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (566 reputation)
FWIW I found a copy of the 7/18 exe and replaced the 8/31 with that and the problem seems to have gone

But that brings back the question of the what is the current version of DTK ( or other framework files ) and how do we know if all patches, bug fixes etc are applied ?  Is there a central place to check our install against the current version as it would exists with bug fixes that are posted in message threads?

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Well, the error your received is because you either changed or put an SF assembly out there that did not have all of the features required by the DDT.  We will be posting the 1.6.2 release before long which will obviously make sure you are on all of the latest assemblies.  The fact that it is up and running again indicates that you have the correct assemblies in place.

As for the version comparison we do not have a central location for this but it has been requested before and is a good idea.

Charles R Hankey
Charles R Hankey
Thanks, Trent.  Replacing the old exe seems to have done it.  Think I may have missed a followup post of the dlls that go with the 8/31 exe or applied them wrong.  This should hold me for now. 

Think I'll be coming to Amarillo in December, so perhaps my ignorance level will ebb below flood stage then BigGrin

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (7.1K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
That's great news!  We look forward to seeing you here!!! Smile
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...