Master and details devexpress grid wuth SF BO

Author
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
This may be something that we offer down the road, but the integration may vary from application to application as there would be a lot of "gray area."  Creating just the editor portion is actually very easy.  But integrating the report engine to support your applications need for the dialogs that pop-up to acquire parameters, etc. would be more difficult.  Not that it couldn't be done, but it will definitely be something that becomes a consideration as another module that could be purchased.

For now we are going to create a number of samples that show how to implement this type of logic into the application using SF through samples and some KB articles.

Richard Keller
Richard Keller
StrataFrame User (132 reputation)StrataFrame User (132 reputation)StrataFrame User (132 reputation)StrataFrame User (132 reputation)StrataFrame User (132 reputation)StrataFrame User (132 reputation)StrataFrame User (132 reputation)StrataFrame User (132 reputation)StrataFrame User (132 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks I think that the Report Template Editor and project would be a fine addition to the Strataframe Extended UI set.  

Thanks,

Richard

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)
Have you embedded a Report Writer into your application to that users can create their own reports? 

Yes. In fact, in our medical software we created an entire report template interface and we develop our reports through the VERY same engine that we make available to our end users.  Obviously there are certain features that they cannot access since we may want to restrict certain things, but the engine and editor is literally the same one for the end-user as it is for us.  This makes is VERY easy to copy over a report and make a few simple changes out in the field.

They can then click the Design template to modify the template.

If you have any Report-Shooter samples that would help.

We are planning on including a more robust sample in the next update.  But I have attached a very simple sample that I created for someone else that will at least give you a clue as to how to setup a data source and tie it into a report.  The one we will release will include more details as it relates to paret-child relationships, etc.

Attachments
SimpleReportShooterSample.zip (236 views, 480.00 KB)
Richard Keller
Richard Keller
StrataFrame User (132 reputation)StrataFrame User (132 reputation)StrataFrame User (132 reputation)StrataFrame User (132 reputation)StrataFrame User (132 reputation)StrataFrame User (132 reputation)StrataFrame User (132 reputation)StrataFrame User (132 reputation)StrataFrame User (132 reputation)
Trent,

Have you embedded a Report Writer into your application to that users can create their own reports?  I am evaluating your recommendation for Report-Shooter now and look forward to your sample.  If you have any Report-Shooter samples that would help.

Richard

Paul Chase
Paul Chase
Advanced StrataFrame User (574 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (574 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (574 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (574 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (574 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (574 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (574 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (574 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (574 reputation)
Chan the inner exception still would be helpful to see what is going on, I never had any errors like the the one you describe so am not sure what would cause it

I know you converted the code I did into C# so maybe something got messed up in the conversion?

The samples you sent earlier are not very helpful to me, can you try to replicate the project I created in VB using the strataframe sample database?

Paul

Chan
Chan
Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)
Ben Chase (11/08/2007)
Is there an InnerException to that exception? It might give you more info as to why it was unable to create the list.

Hi,

I still failed to configure xtragrid to show "+" sign using BBS as suggested. What should I set so that xtragrid grid know it is master and details?

In my previous post, I mentioned IO able to configure xtragrid, is using DataSetBase provided by Paul Chase. Sorry for confusing.
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)
Is there an InnerException to that exception?  It might give you more info as to why it was unable to create the list.
Chan
Chan
Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (683 reputation)
Hi,

I finally able to make xtragrid recognize my dataset and relations of my dataset. However, when I set datamember of gridview, it prompted error 'child list can not be created'

Any ideas?

Thank you
Chan
Chan
Hi,

After created BBS, how to set it to xtragrid to show master details?

Thank you
Paul Chase
Paul Chase
Advanced StrataFrame User (574 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (574 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (574 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (574 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (574 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (574 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (574 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (574 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (574 reputation)
Peter,

I got really busy yesterday so didn't have a chance to post this, this is an editable version of the data set class, basically what I am trying to do is to keep the business objects on the form in sync with the data tables in the data set. 

For the most part I think it will work ok but there still may be some gotcha's I haven't ran across. I also threw in a report so you can see how that works.

Anyways I hope this helps out anyone that is looking to do this sort of thing. 

I also am posting an infragistics 2007 volume1 version just cause it was easy enough to do Smile.

Paul

Attachments
Dev_Express.zip (144 views, 104.00 KB)
Infragistics.zip (114 views, 100.00 KB)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...