Error when calling sproc with varchar OUTPUT parameter

Author
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm getting an error when I attempt to call a stored procedure that has an output parameter that is a varchar. It reports that the size is invalid with a value of 0. However, the size is clearly set in code and the code runs fine when connected directly.

I've attached a sample solution that highlights this problem. Just read the Readme.txt for details on how to run the tests.

This is a show stopper for my project, which I'm attempting to release for beta testing.

Thanks!
Attachments
TestESCallingSproc.zip (201 views, 735.00 KB)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
Greg McGuffey - 17 Years Ago
Peter Jones - 17 Years Ago
Trent L. Taylor - 17 Years Ago
                     No joy. I'm getting the same error :crying:
                         Did you replace the assembly within the \bin folder and recycle the...
StrataFrame Team - 17 Years Ago
                         I only updated the server, but after reading this post...
                             Well, the problem was that the value was being serialized, but after...
                                 I just updated my client, putting new enterprise dll in the SF folder...
                                     Then it looks like we posted the wrong DLL. Let me get the latest one...
                                         OK, try this one on the server.
                                             That did the trick! Thanks Ben! :D
                                                 Should I update this DLL on my client too?
                                                     Yes. Put this on your client as well.
Trent L. Taylor - 17 Years Ago
                                                         OK, will do. Thanks again!