DDT Deployment - Error - Enhancement

Author
Bastian Töpfer
StrataFrame Beginner (40 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (40 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (40 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (40 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (40 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (40 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (40 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (40 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (40 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

one of the things I have been quite annoyed over the time is the fact that the DDT does not tell me which procedure was involved when there was an error during the deployment of a stored procedure.

I can then only guess by the Sql Exception.

It would be great, if you could include that information in the "Deployment Progress" window.

Thanks a lot

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Bastian,

Does it not appear in the deployment log file?  There is a more detailed log of the error and you can generally determine where it failed by looking at the log.  The log file will be named the same as the package file with a Results.log after it:

MyPackageFile_Results.log

I agree that you can never have enough information when trying to work through a problem so adding as much information to the log file as we can is always a good idea.  I will look into the log file and see if we can add any more information that is currently being omitted.

Bastian Töpfer
Bastian Töpfer
StrataFrame Beginner (40 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (40 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (40 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (40 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (40 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (40 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (40 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (40 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (40 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Trent,

thanks for your reply. I checked the Log File and it does not show the name of the proc their either.

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
When we encounter an error, we generally just list off the details of the exception, and the SqlException object doesn't tell us the name of the stored procedure.  But, we do have the name of the stored procedure within the loop we are deploying from, so it would be possible to wrap the SqlException in an exception that contains the name of the stored procedure.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...