Regarding the Message Item Maintenance Screen within the Message Editor Module

Author
Mike Rogers
StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am using the Message Item Maintenance to add a message that the record has a broken rule.  example [Duplicate Record]   The problem with this is that there is no way to save this with out using the RTF format.  When it is displayed to the user they would have to see the rtf garbage text with the actual message. I have to go to the  [MessageItems] table and edit this manually to correct the problem.  It would be nice to have the option to save within the Message Item Maintenance Screen [RTF] or [Plain Text].  Thanks
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Mike,

I guess I am confused as to what you are trying to accomplish.  First, you should not use the Message but rather the Text Value for a broken rule.  The Message will always contain RTF as this is what it is designed to do.  The Text Value is just a plain text message and does not support RTF.  You can pull from either.  The Message is designed to work in conjunction with our proprietary MessageForm which supports RTF messages.  For a broken rule message, you should just use the Text Value and then you will not have any of the RTF tags when displayed.

Let me know if this is not what you were trying to accomplish.  Smile

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...