Looking to purchase application developed using Strataframe

Author
Kelvin Gerhart
StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi:

In talking to Jay Taylor, he suggested that I post my interest in purchasing a completed project, with source, that you've built using the Strataframe toolset.  I like to then take your project and use it as a learning based for developing an application suite to be used internally.  Something on the order of accounting processes that include AR, AP and GL are the most desired as they are the basis for most additional business applications but would consider others.

Would also consider partnering with a company that could also provide design and programming skills too.

Kelvin

kjg@itlcorp.com

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
thats a lot of posts Cool

Keith Chisarik
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Yeah....Kevin, it is really not necessary to cross-post as you can tell that most developers, including ourselves, will either subscribe to the forums via email or RSS so they will get 4 copies of this message.  I understand that you were wanted to get good coverage on this post and were not sure exactly where to post it.  I think that the Jobs, Careers, and Resumes section was a good place to post this.  In any case I agree with Jay, this is the best avenue in which to post this type of information.  I hope that you find what you are looking for. Smile
Kelvin Gerhart
Kelvin Gerhart
StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (14 reputation)
SORRY Sad

Didn't know where it would be best.  I posted the like, here before and got no usable responses.

I'm really trying to eliminate the learning curve in using StrataFrame by purchasing a working solution that I can fall back on when trying to figure out how to proceed.   Your examples are great but aren't a working production grade solution.  Please correct me if I'm wrong or example to me how you or others have succeeded with this startup issue.

Kelvin

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Kelvin,

There is no need to apologize as I would have likely done the same thing.  As for the learning curve, I am sure that many of the other developers would be willing to share their opinion.  Many developers that use StrataFrame have come from MANY different backgrounds.  We have developers who have come from FoxPro, VB6, Delphi, and the lot.  The learning curve for each of us is different.  We have tried to provide a CRM sample that covers most of the basics, but you are correct that it is not a commercial grade example.

The first thing that I would recommend is coming to our next training class.  It is not post on the web yet, but it will be held February 25-29, 2008.  This is a 5 day course and we cover a LOT of ground.  I will let some of the other developers share their opinion, but this will get you off of the ground faster than trying to discern a verbose sample in my opinion.  When you take someone elses work, you then have the added degree of understanding their approach to solving a problem within the application which may take you in a direction that you may or may not have really intended to go.

Don't get me wrong, samples are ALWAYS good and the more of them that you can find, the better.  But I think that if you were to come to class, many of your concerns may be laid to rest and you would go home feeling confident in the direction that you need to go in the development of your application.  This is just my opinion and I am basing this on see other developers come in for training class in the past with similar concerns.

I hope this helps. Smile

Francis Kayser
Francis Kayser
StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)
Hello,

For those people who can not come to our training sessions.

(I live in France), is it possible to buy you training material to study it at work.

Your samples are good, but i came from visual foxpro and what i need is :

1. Best practice with SF

2. A complete sample application which shows how we put everything together. It would be much easier to unterstand how SF works.

Which is the best way to begin with SF.

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Obviously the class would be the best to get a full spectrum of how to develop applications in .NET as well as SF best practices.  We actually do have people come from all around the world.  In fact, there are people coming from Denmark and Brazil in the next class...so if you wanted to come over and see another part of the world we would love to have you.

As for a new sample, we are actually going to release another sample called StrataFlix that is a more comprehensive sample from both the WinForms and WebForms sides. 

The training material is really best with instruction versus us just giving you the material for you to disect yourself.  At some point we plan on having training videos and we will be releasing a knowledge base before long that will be a repository for samples, best practices, as well as some videos. 

Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers
StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (31 reputation)
Hi Trent

I am sure there are other developers like myself who find it difficult to come to onsite training sessions. Although the software is superior in many ways there seems to be a lack of training materials available to your developers. I would like to suggest a possible solution to this situation. If it were feasible, would it be possible to bundle the next training class and incorporate this with some courseware for a modest price ($400.00 to $500.00). I feel assured this would be a great success and would resolve the issue of lack of training materials available. This process is followed by many software providers, some of which are your competition.

Mike Rogers

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
As you can find in the 1.6.5 documentation as well as many posts on this forum we will be releasing a KB that will have a many of FAQs, samples, videos, etc.  But as for producing CourseWare that we release isn't something that is feasible.  There are a lot of benefits in coming to class.  We answer direct issues that you are facing within your application and we cover a lot of ground.  There is no way to reproduce this type of interaction any way you package it, that is the purpose of the class.  I appreciate your input, but the CourseWare is something that we will not be putting out.  This is exclusive to our classes and the developers who attend the class.  We will, however, be adding a lot of material through our KB which we hope to get online before long.
Amy Foy
Amy Foy
StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)

Your advice is appreciable. Does Exclusive attend our classand the developers who attend the class? You should be adding a lot of materialthrough our KB which we hope to get online before long.

iPhone repairs Auckland        
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...