Null Dates in Webforms, How?

Author
Cyrus Welch
StrataFrame Beginner (38 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (38 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (38 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (38 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (38 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (38 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (38 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (38 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (38 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
How do I properly use null dates in a webforms application?  When working with null dates I get data binding errors on postbacks.  We use nulls to at least have a nominally empty date field but can't seem to get it to work in webforms.  I searched mutiple times and can't find any references to what the best way to do it so that customers won't see a date when entering data if the field is not supposed to have a date in it yet.  I've tried the return alternate using #1/1/1800# and then that shows in the textbox on the screen, I could live with the return alternate concept if it just didn't show in textboxes and listviews.

Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to not bind the data and handle it myself? (which is what I'm trying to avoid).

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
Cyrus Welch - 16 Years Ago
Peter Jones - 16 Years Ago
StrataFrame Team - 16 Years Ago
Greg McGuffey - 16 Years Ago
                         You'll want to create your own property on the TextBox, say "Value" or...
                             So, in WinForms, you'd also need to add the changing/changed events to...
                                 Ah, for WinForms, when you add a bindable property, you also have to...
                                     Got it, thanks!
                             [quote][b]Ben Chase (01/11/2008)[/b][hr]You'll want to create your own...
                                 You just create a class that is named whatever you like and inherit...
                                     [quote]Sometimes I wonder why I'm doing this, as subclassing a control...
Trent L. Taylor - 16 Years Ago
                                         This is all well and good, but all the examples seem to be for windows...
                                             Cyrus, This is no different for web than it is for Windows. The only...
                                                 [quote][b]Trent L. Taylor (01/31/2008)[/b][hr]Cyrus, This is no...
                                                     Cyrus, Once you create the class, make sure that your web application...
                                                         [quote][b]Trent L. Taylor (02/05/2008)[/b][hr]Cyrus, Once you create...
                                                             [quote]I do need to create a seperate assembly containing any...