Better keyboard support in MessageForm

Author
George Nentidis
StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The MessageForm only supports pressing the Enter key, for selecting the default button. It would be much easier for keyboard users, to also implement a Cancel button with the Escape key, and also all buttons on the form to have a shortcut key associated with them. For instance "Y" for Yes, "N" for N  etc. Those shortcuts could be specified from localization resources in the form "&Yes", like it's the Windows default.

We have a lot of users with heavy data entry, that type with both hands. You would be suprised to see how fast they type in data. For them, having to leave the keyboard, grab the mouse, move the cursor to the correct point and click, every now and then, just to answer a simple Yes/No question, costs them time and annoys them.

So I think this is a small enhancement that would greatly improve usability of an application.

Thank you

(By the way, the "Spell Check" button in the "Post New Topic" form comes really in handy Smile)

Paul Chase
Paul Chase
Advanced StrataFrame User (542 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (542 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (542 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (542 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (542 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (542 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (542 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (542 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (542 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I agree my user's love the keyboard as well
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Just agreeing that most of my users also love keyboard and get annoyed when they have to use the mouse for anything.

Keith Chisarik
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Keith Chisarik (02/13/2008)
Just agreeing that most of my users also love keyboard and get annoyed when they have to use the mouse for anything.

I also have some of those users, but they usually get more annoyed when the mouse does not work at all Hehe

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...