Preserve rowstate when copydata

Author
Chan
Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

Firstly, I would like to appreciate the enhancement made to CopyDataFrom method which only copy data from column that exist in target table.

I would like to ask for enhancement to have additional option whether want to preserve the data rowstate. It is very usually while we are working on feature like copy, import data from other txn (import purchase order txns to purchase invoice) and etc.

Thank you
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Are you referring to the CopyDataFrom having an overload to prevent the RowState from changing?  I assume that is what you are referring to, which would be easy to do, but I just wanted to clarify.  Thanks.

Just FYI, you could force this right now in another line of code:

MyBo.CurrentDataTable.AcceptChanges()

Chan
Chan
Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (603 reputation)
Hi,

Are you referring to the CopyDataFrom having an overload to prevent the RowState from changing? I assume that is what you are referring to, which would be easy to do, but I just wanted to clarify. Thanks.

Yes.

Just FYI, you could force this right now in another line of code:

MyBo.CurrentDataTable.AcceptChanges()

Currently, SF BO always acceptchanges after copy data. It caused datarow.rowstate = unchanged. I need a overload to preserve it so that copied datarow.rowstate = added / modified.

Thank you
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Oh, yeah, I see what you are talking about.  I have actually had this issue before myself.  This is actually quite a bit more work and why I didn't implement it when I ran into it the last time.  However, I still think that this is a good request and will add it to the list to look at again.  Thanks.
Danillo Barbosa
Danillo Barbosa
StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)
Hello Trent. 
Some news about this request? 
This feature would be useful for me.

Trent L. Taylor (2/5/2008)
Oh, yeah, I see what you are talking about.  I have actually had this issue before myself.  This is actually quite a bit more work and why I didn't implement it when I ran into it the last time.  However, I still think that this is a good request and will add it to the list to look at again.  Thanks.

Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
It is on the list of enhancements. I'll pass on your "Up vote" for the feature to the development team. BigGrin
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
As I had posted before, this is actually a fairly complex request.  It isn't just a matter of setting the row state, it entails dealing with many handlers, bindings, etc.  In a simple scenario, it would be a pretty simple problem, just make the row state match the source record.  But the problem is making this work in a scenario where binding has been implemented.  This is still on our radar, but until we test this in all of theses scenarios, we cannot do a "quick and dirty" release.

That said, we still have this on our list.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...