Enforce field MaxLength in the BOM by default

Author
Alex Luyando
StrataFrame User (200 reputation)StrataFrame User (200 reputation)StrataFrame User (200 reputation)StrataFrame User (200 reputation)StrataFrame User (200 reputation)StrataFrame User (200 reputation)StrataFrame User (200 reputation)StrataFrame User (200 reputation)StrataFrame User (200 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Trent L. Taylor (12/09/2008)
Max length is already on the slate to be implemented at the control level. The BO already has the field lengths so it is just a matter of implementing logic within controls such as the textbox, etc. to prevent field length issues. This would obviosuly be a flag that would force the max length. So this is already on the slate to be implemented.

Trent -

Super, and thanks!

_____/ Regards,

____/ al

E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Great!

Edhy Rijo

Luiz Lima
Luiz Lima
StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Guys,

My team did a class to control something like that (see attached file).

You only write something like that:

fixFormFieldsMaxLength(formname)

Enjoy it!

Luiz

Attachments
fixmaxlenght.txt (160 views, 1.00 KB)
Fabian R Silva, -
Fabian R Silva, -
StrataFrame User (251 reputation)StrataFrame User (251 reputation)StrataFrame User (251 reputation)StrataFrame User (251 reputation)StrataFrame User (251 reputation)StrataFrame User (251 reputation)StrataFrame User (251 reputation)StrataFrame User (251 reputation)StrataFrame User (251 reputation)
thank you so much, I needed something like this. Smile

Luiz Lima (1/22/2010)
Guys,

My team did a class to control something like that (see attached file).You only write something like that:

fixFormFieldsMaxLength(formname)

Enjoy it!

Luiz

Ger Cannoll
Ger Cannoll
Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)
Hi

Just wondering if this does anything different to the facility that is there now as standard in StartaFrame ?
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I am not sure what you mean by "facility".  But for quite a while now, we have already had a property on the TextBox called AutoAdjustMaxLength that when set, automatically adjusts the max length of the field.  Some of the comments in this post were prior to that property existing which is what I assume you were referring to.
Ger Cannoll
Ger Cannoll
Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (582 reputation)
Hi Trent.

Yes, by facility I was referring to the AutoAdjustMaxLength proerty... just could not remember the name of it. Thanks for clarifying
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...