An Editable EhnancedList

Author
George Nentidis
StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (118 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
EnhancedList is a read-only DevExpress grid, that also looses column data types, since it has to convert everything to a string, in order to support string.Format masks. Don't get me wrong, it is a great component, and the dialog with the column editor is also great.

I think though that an editable DevExpress grid that is bound directly to a BO would be great to have, and also a very reasonable addition to the DevExpress Strata components. With a component like that, we could work with Strata components and BOs only, without the need of BussinessBindingSources. We could also use correctly all the filter capabilities of a DevExpress grid.

I don't know if others agree but I really look forward for such a component.

Thanks

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
George,

As always, I appreciate your comments.  This is something that we have considered, but is actually a pretty large undertaking.  So there may be an SF SimpleGrid coming down the pike that is a grid binds directly to a BO (no BBS) and follows our themes, etc.  So this is something that is on our radar, but there are no definite plans just yet.  Thanks for your suggestion.  We will definitely keep it on the board!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...