Object Name History

Author
Tim Dol
StrataFrame User (368 reputation)StrataFrame User (368 reputation)StrataFrame User (368 reputation)StrataFrame User (368 reputation)StrataFrame User (368 reputation)StrataFrame User (368 reputation)StrataFrame User (368 reputation)StrataFrame User (368 reputation)StrataFrame User (368 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
We have been experiencing a number of problems/errors deploying packages to our customer base and want to confirm something. 

Should we ever Delete the Object Name History? Except of course if we create a table or some fields and then decide we didn't need the changes before deploying to any database?

Thanks,

Tim

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Should we ever Delete the Object Name History?

This is a sticky question.  If you have ever deployed a structure into the field, then make a change, those changes should NEVER get deleted until you are 100% sure that there is not the potential for an old structure to exist in the field...otherwise you will experience deployment issues.  I even did this to myself the other day...and I have to re-create the object history to prevent the errors.

Except of course if we create a table or some fields and then decide we didn't need the changes before deploying to any database?

You got it! Smile

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...