RBS Error when Viewing Permissions

Author
Purnell W Glenn
StrataFrame Beginner (34 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (34 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (34 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (34 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (34 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (34 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (34 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (34 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (34 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I'm getting an error when in the Security Editor. 

If you choose the top level Permissions and then select any permission from the right pane "All Permissions" view.  You get the error displayed below, I also got the same error running form the RBS Sample.

Exception
  Could not create permission editor.

Source     : MicroFour StrataFrame Security

Stack Trace:
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Security.SecurityDialog.CreatePermissionForm(Int32 ProjectPK, Int32 ItemPK, String Category, Boolean IsCopy)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Security.SecurityDialog.EditPermission()
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Security.SecurityDialog.lvDetail_DoubleClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Nativewindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Purnell.

You are probably trying to edit a permission at runtime, is that so?

If this is the case, permissions are not supposed to be edited at runtime, only at design time. This exception will probably be treated differently in the future.

Cheers.

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Ivan is correct.  There are some options to prevent certain things from showing at run-time, but if you could provide more details as to how you generated this error it would be helpful.  Thanks.
Purnell W Glenn
Purnell W Glenn
StrataFrame Beginner (34 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (34 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (34 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (34 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (34 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (34 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (34 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (34 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (34 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Trent/Ivan

I was only trying to view the premission.  Trent I emailed a snap shot of the screen.   I even was able to recreate the error form the StrataFrame RBS sample.   

To recreate error, just click on the Permissions group in the left frame and click on any premission key in the right frame and you will get the  error.

Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
To recreate error, just click on the Permissions group in the left frame and click on any premission key in the right frame and you will get the  error.

I have just run the sample over here to check it, and it does show the error, but only if I "double click" the permission, which is the action to Edit it. If I only click on it, it just gets selected. And as you already know, Permissions are not supposed to be edited at runtime.

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
It is just a bug...I will add it to the list to get fixed.  The double-click is still trying to execute the design-time code.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Simple fix...here is the fix for it. Smile
Attachments
MicroFourStrataFrameSecurity.zip (149 views, 432.00 KB)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...