Localization for default login form

Author
Guillermo Vilas
StrataFrame User (162 reputation)StrataFrame User (162 reputation)StrataFrame User (162 reputation)StrataFrame User (162 reputation)StrataFrame User (162 reputation)StrataFrame User (162 reputation)StrataFrame User (162 reputation)StrataFrame User (162 reputation)StrataFrame User (162 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
The default login form provided with the Core module is just fine. It is just annoying that I have to manually add the localization labels and logic to the source code with each release.

Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to change the world, but they don´t give me the source code.
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 2.50 GHz
6.00 GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

MacBook Pro i5 OSX Lion
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Guillermo.

Why do you need to add your labels after each release? Haven't you created your own Login form out of the SF Login Form template?

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Guillermo, why do you need to add the localization files back?  I have no idea why you would have this issue?  We do not touch your localization files.
Guillermo Vilas
Guillermo Vilas
StrataFrame User (162 reputation)StrataFrame User (162 reputation)StrataFrame User (162 reputation)StrataFrame User (162 reputation)StrataFrame User (162 reputation)StrataFrame User (162 reputation)StrataFrame User (162 reputation)StrataFrame User (162 reputation)StrataFrame User (162 reputation)
Ivan George Borges (04/28/2008)
Hi Guillermo.

Why do you need to add your labels after each release? Haven't you created your own Login form out of the SF Login Form template?

Hello Ivan, I rather use the one provided in SF since its all I need in my applications Smile

Trent L. Taylor (04/28/2008)
Guillermo, why do you need to add the localization files back?  I have no idea why you would have this issue?  We do not touch your localization files.

Hi Trent, I've modified the SF login Form source to use localization labels, by default the SF Login Form doesn't support localization, at least it always pops in English to me. If you want I can send you the files of the SF Login Form I always need to modify with each release of SF source code. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or I can't explain myself Hehe

MacBook Pro i5 OSX Lion

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
I understand, but you really don't need to modify the SF localization for this.  You should create a custom login for, then use the localization files for your application.  That would be the better way to go about it so that the next update of SF will not break your application.  Just a suggestion.
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.9K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Guillermo.

Hello Ivan, I rather use the one provided in SF since its all I need in my applications Smile

I understand that, but there's a template that will give you the same functionality, and then you can tweak it as you wish. Try adding a new item to your project, and then choose the Login Form template to have a look at it. Then, go to the AppMain.vb (or Program.cs), in the ShowLoginAndInitMainForm Sub, and set the login form to this newly created one:

'-- Set the login form to your custom login form (optional)

Login.LoginFormType = GetType(frm_Login)

Hope it helps Wink

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Yup...me and Ivan are on the same page BigGrin
Guillermo Vilas
Guillermo Vilas
mmm.. without been a pain in the.. RAM.
I just don´t want to reinvent the wheel if there is a loginform already in SF. I´m attaching the loginform files with the mods I talked about and also the nodes that needs to be added for every language supported. So please let me now if you would consider adding this to the next release and in the mean time I will add a custom loginForm Cool

I would like to add that this is the best Community I ever met!!!! SF Rocks

MacBook Pro i5 OSX Lion

Attachments
LoginForm.zip (145 views, 10.00 KB)
Localization.txt (244 views, 4.00 KB)
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Hey Guillermo,

I don't have an issue adding these to the localization collections before the final release of 1.6.6.  But just so you understand where we are coming from here, SF comes with a template to create your own login dialog that behaves exactly like the pre-built dialog.  In most applicaitons developers will want to customize their login dialog to do more for them...add graphics, etc.  Here is an example of our medical application with our login...this was created by using the SF Custom Login template and then adding our stuff:

I hope that makes a little more sense.  You could easily create your own and set all of your localization stuff far faster than waiting on me to get the localization keys created, translated in all of the other languages, etc. Smile

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...