Best Practice for LastModifiedUser and LastModifiedDate fields in a BO

Best Practice for LastModifiedUser and LastModifiedDate fields in a BO...
Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi,

For some tables it is very useful to have a fields that will tell the user when was the record changed and by who. 

• Is there anything in SF logic to auto update this kind of fields?
  • If these fields should be updated manually what would be the correct event to use to have these fields updated?

Thansk!

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
Edhy Rijo - 16 Years Ago
Bill Cunnien - 16 Years Ago
Edhy Rijo - 16 Years Ago
Bill Cunnien - 16 Years Ago
                     Thanks again Bill, a base BO makes sense, will try that path.
Edhy Rijo - 16 Years Ago
                         We actually take a similar approach within our medical application on...
Trent L. Taylor - 16 Years Ago
                             [quote]We also have some classes that are actually in the framework to...
Edhy Rijo - 16 Years Ago
                                 SF auditing requires that you have RBS. All of this is done through...
                                     I've been messing around with this and have run into a problem, born...
Greg McGuffey - 16 Years Ago
                                         Since it is a byte array, you can put anything you want into it. You...
                                             Way too easy...

Now, how do I get byte array back into the...
                                                 Here is an example if you have a file saved to disk. In the auditing...
                                                     Thanks! I'm not too familiar with the IO class and streams. I was...
                                                     Thanks for the help I got it working. However I had to wrap the...