FillMultipleDataTables Not working

Author
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm not quite sure what's going on, but I'm getting an error with the FillMultipleDataTable() method. I'm running the latest beta and updated ES server from the My accounts area. This occurs on the line that first calls the FillMultipleDataTables() method. Here is the error:

NullReferenceException

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source : MicroFour StrataFrame Enterprise Client

Stack Trace:

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.Enterprise.EnterpriseDataSourceItem.ᜁ(DbCommand A_0, Boolean A_1, String A_2)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.Enterprise.EnterpriseDataSourceItem.GetDataSet(DbCommand Command)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer.FillMultipleDataTables(String dataSourceKey, DbCommand command, BusinessLayer[] businessObjects)

at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer.FillMultipleDataTables(DbCommand command, BusinessLayer[] businessObjects)

at FOXSystems.RAMS.BusinessObjects.Summary.PESummaryBO.GetProjectSummary(Int32 projectID)

at FOXSystems.RAMS.ProposalEval.VendorSelectionForm.LoadProjectSummary()

at FOXSystems.RAMS.ProposalEval.VendorSelectionForm.LoadPageData()

at FOXSystems.RAMS.ProposalEval.VendorSelectionForm.pmVendorSelection_PageActivated(PanelPageEventArgs e)

...etc and so forth..

There is no error if I make a direct connection.

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I am having a hard time reproducing this as it is working on my side...(that is usually how it works, right Smile).  We actually use the ES in our medical app and this is the only way that we connect to the data internally, so I am like 99.9% confident that it is right since this is such a critical piece of our application.  Reverify that you have the latest ES assemblies on your ES server, then restart the application pool (or restart IIS) and see if the problem persists.  If so, I will setup an isolated test environment with the same assemblies you are using to see if I can figure our where the issue is.
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
I pulled the ES assemblies from the Download area of my account. If there is newer, I'm not sure were they are. I'll post versions in a bit. I did restart IIS when I installed the updated. I try another restart (but can't until tonight).
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
The issue is that this error occurs with installs of my app but not on my development machine.

Since the SF client dll is the one throwing the error, I checked it on my machine (in common and in the GAC) and had my users check it also. We all had the same version.

Assembly version: 1.6.0.0

File/product version: 1.6.5.1

Were to go from here?

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Greg,

I will look into this over the weekend...in between a wedding and a lot of "honey-dos." Smile  I have built a new beta install that I am going to release in the next few days and once this is done we can look at this issue and get you a fix (or a change to prevent this from happening).

Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Thanks Trent. I've a few honey dos myself this weekend plus some out of town guests...
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
I didn't know this "honey do's" expression. After I found out over here I was laughing a lot!!! BigGrin
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Spoken like a bachelor...sigh...Gotta go paint something...
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
LOL...some day we hope to welcome you into this complicated world of balancing work and keeping the wife happy BigGrin  In all fairness, my wife really is great...she has been waiting for me to finish the bathroom remodel I started for a year...so to her credit...she is WAY patient!!!  And anyone who knows me understands why we get along so well...it is definitely going to take a patient woman to put up with me BigGrin
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Greg McGuffey (05/30/2008)
Spoken like a bachelor...sigh...Gotta go paint something...

ROFL

I could almost see your face over here, Greg!

Well, now I know the theory. When I get myself in this situation, I will always be able to say: "Look, Trent is just like the same... go talk to his wife and learn how she puts up with it! BigGrin

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...