Activation, Registration and Deplopyment Issues ...

Author
JKelly
StrataFrame Beginner (19 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (19 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (19 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (19 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (19 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (19 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (19 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (19 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (19 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hey guys,

I would appreciate it if our license count was reset - the website won't let me do it. Long story short I am changing dev boxes and in the process I started getting errors with the bo mapper so I tried 1.4.1 but couldn't get it to work so I rolled back to 1.4.0 and now I can't activate it because I can't deactivate the previous registration. When I start the activation application I get the attached stack dump (LicActError.txt).

On the box that is working (sorta) whenever I try to access the business object mapper I get the following stack trace (BOInitError.txt) (1.4.0).

So I'm down two dev boxes in terms of SF & I got a deadline coming up - kinda a bummer.

Deployment - well that is another issue entirely. Crazy

Tx - J

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Just FYI, there were no attachments in your previous post so I couldn't see the stack trace.  I don't mind helping you get your new boxes up.  But I will need to know more information about the boxes specifically the MAC address that was being used on each computer and the name of the computer.  I will also need to know which account you are associated with.  Please do not post this information on the forum, but send them to me in a private message.

Thanks.

JKelly
JKelly
StrataFrame Beginner (19 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (19 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (19 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (19 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (19 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (19 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (19 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (19 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (19 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks Trent, PM sent.

Note for others: part of the problem was referencing another database server (9.0) where named pipes was disabled and remote connections were disabled. This is the default setting in developer edition and some others.

Ref: attachments - I got bitten by the thirty minute timeout for them. Smile

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
OK...I have updated your account and sent you information on how to work with the .NET policies in regards to your deployment issues.  Bottom line is that I think you are trying to execute an assembly from a network drive...this is not allowed by default in .NET and you will need to create a policy that is compiled into the assembly and/or deployed on each of the machines that need to run the application.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...