DDT Suggestion

Author
Geoff Hirst
StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Chaps,

When you create a new table, I usually create the procs I need to go along with it before I deploy. Resultantly, when creating the sproc, I can't refer to the table. If I have deployed the table to SServer then there is no issue, what would be really great would be a kind of 'SQL Prompt' for Strataframe DDT so you can get intellisense for your tables and columns.

I realise to encorporate something like SQL Prompt is not an overnight addition, however a list of tables, with their associated columns would be really useful.

I guess that the easiest alternative to this would be to remove the modality from the stored procedure properties window. Smile

cheers

Geoff

Geoff Hirst
Geoff Hirst
StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Chaps,

Please ignore my inane ramblings as one should always remember the Business Object Mapper provides exactly the list one needs.

It's late in the day here.

Still like the idea of SQL Prompt for the DDT though. Smile

thanks

Geoff.

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Still like the idea of SQL Prompt for the DDT though

If you download the latest 1.6.6 build, you will see a vast number of changes to the DDT...including the use of our new SyntaxEditor (which continues to evolve).  One thing that will be coming in the DDT (sooner rather than later) is the ability to execute queries from within the DDT as well as Intellisense within the T-SQL areas...so that would be the portion that you are referring to on the SQL Prompt side.

We will not be incorporating SQL Prompt itself...there are a lot of reasons that this would not work or make sense...but you will have some similar functionality nonetheless.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...