Localization of Permission keys

Author
Guillermo Vilas
StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Here I am again, the localization nemesis.

It will be great when developing to support multi locals that the end user be presented with the permission key in the language selected, right now if the Spanish users look for the permission key they will see:

Category: Módulo Inventario:

-Agregar Inventario

-Quitar Inventario, etc...

And the English users will see the same thing. One of them will need to learn or spanish or english or other language that is set in development for the permission keys.

It will be great that english users can read.

Category: Inventory Module

- Add Inventory

- Remove Inventory

Cheers: Cool

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to change the world, but they don´t give me the source code.
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 2.50 GHz
6.00 GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

MacBook Pro i5 OSX Lion
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
What would be your suggestion to know which language to present since this is the dialog that determines this?  I have no issue with this, but they will need to select a language at some point, which is the purpose of this dialog.  So generally, this dialog is presented in the primary or most common language that would used, and then from that point forward the would obviously see everything in the language that they selected.  I am open to suggestions, but I do not see how to automatically know the language that people will want to use.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Trent L. Taylor (06/23/2008)
I am open to suggestions, but I do not see how to automatically know the language that people will want to use.

I would say to default to the workstation language, even thought it may be case that the OS language is not the preferred end user language, but at least will assure that the end user do understand that language enough to make a final language selection.

Edhy Rijo

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Guillermo, sorry for misunderstanding your post.  Ivan emailed me and told me what you were wanting.  I beleive that you want to be able to localize the security permissions text.  At this point, this is not an option within RBS.  Because you are really wanting to be able to localize the text from within another app.  So this will require that the RBS become aware of the localization keys...which will really need to be an entirly different child table as we cannot rely on the localization tables since they may not always be avaialble.

This will require a relatively significant change and is a good idea and we will add this to the list for future RBS enhancements, but as if right now this is not an option.

Guillermo Vilas
Guillermo Vilas
StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)
Hello Trent,

That´s why I said I was a localization nemesis. Hehe I understand the complexity of my request after reading and playing with source provided. But this is just what it is, an enhancement request for a future release Tongue. I really think that the RBS framework will be completed adding this scenario when handling multi local applications.

Again, this is the best support a development community I ever met. I will start my saving to the next year training course. Cool

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to change the world, but they don´t give me the source code.
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 2.50 GHz
6.00 GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

MacBook Pro i5 OSX Lion
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Again, this is the best support a development community I ever met. I will start my saving to the next year training course.

Thanks for your comments.  I really hope that you can make it down to a training class, it would be great to meet you in person!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...