Importing of DDT Package into DDT

Author
Geoff Hirst
StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Chaps,

I needed to work on a different machine and discovered that I could import a pkg file into the DDT and it created everything, with the exception of deployment data packages.

Is this by design? So, do I need to re-create them? Or should they have been deployed and their is an issue on my side somewhere?

thanks

Geoff

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Is this by design? So, do I need to re-create them? Or should they have been deployed and their is an issue on my side somewhere?

Hmmm....I will look at this next week.  If they are not coming in they should be. Ermm

Geoff Hirst
Geoff Hirst
StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)StrataFrame User (171 reputation)
Hi Trent,

Thanks for this. I know there was some changes in the .pkg file formats for this release and I am certain I created a new file, in fact I had been using the new version since the 26th. Interesting thing is that the packages do deploy fine.

They just don't seem to import. If I have done something stoopid, please advise.

thanks man.

Geoff.

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Nope....it is on our side.  I found several other things not coming in as well such as the new profiles, triggers, etc.  I even found a bug on the import with schema names and table names that are the same...man, this one caused a little work BigGrin

At any rate, I will add the missing items prior to the final release of the 1.6.6 build.  Thanks for the heads up!

Geoff Hirst
Geoff Hirst
Trent,

Thanks for the confirmation. Feel a bit of a git for causing you problems though.

Look forward to the release.

best

Geoff.

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
There is no reason for you to feel bad at all!!!  There were some problems adn they need to be ironed out.  I prefer knowing about it now versus after the build is finalized!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...