End User Security Maintenance

Author
Guillermo Vilas
StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hello team,
I'm dealing with a new scenario that I need to solve. In the application I'm developing I have the system administrator which will have permission to add users, roles and assign permission (this is the standard and common way). But now there comes the end user last request: She wants the warehouse manager to handle creation of operator user, roles and permission for them at warehouse level only, thats means that the warehouse manager doesn't need to access the rest of the company security maintenance. Is there a easy or not so easy way to solve it with SFS? or I need to tell here that she needs to write it in the wish list for christmas Hehe

Thanks in advance for your help

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to change the world, but they don´t give me the source code.
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 2.50 GHz
6.00 GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

MacBook Pro i5 OSX Lion

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Just so that I understand this correctly...you want the ability for a particular user to only be able to manage permissions for a group of other users but be restricted from assigned certain permissions or groups to a different group.  Is that correct?
Guillermo Vilas
Guillermo Vilas
StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)StrataFrame User (150 reputation)
Hello Trent,

yes that is correct

MacBook Pro i5 OSX Lion
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Hmmm...this is the first time that I have had that request...and it is something that we would need to implement within RBS itself (SecurityDialog).  I will talk with some of the other guys next week, but this will have to be  future enhancement.  This might be something that we can consider after th 1.6.6 build....but it isn't a quick fix...sorry Ermm
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Trent L. Taylor (06/29/2008)
Hmmm...this is the first time that I have had that request...and it is something that we would need to implement within RBS itself (SecurityDialog). 

Well, please add me in for the same request.Tongue

Even thought I have not review the security features yet, in my current VFP applications, there is a Security Level feature that will implement just that.  For example, the levels could be from A-Z or 1-10 or whatever, but the case is that a user assigned with a level of C will not be able to see other users from above level A & B, also this user with level C, can only assign levels from C-Z preventing the lower levels to modify his record or those from above levels.

Again, since I really have not read anything about SF security, can not suggest anything just yet, but wanted to let you know about the above feature.

Edhy Rijo

Guillermo Vilas
Guillermo Vilas
Thanks Trent,

I will add this as a new feature for a future release of the application to my customer too Wink, like next friday... 2009

MacBook Pro i5 OSX Lion
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
LOL...sounds good Smile
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...